talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

DeAndre Yedlin - Returning to MLS?

football forum

Yedlin to return to MLS? - Multiple clubs interested, FC Cincy first in allocation order

Newcastle United right-back DeAndre Yedlin could be on his way to Major League Soccer soon. The US men's national team player has struggled for playing time in Newcastle and has featured in just 16 games (934 minutes) last season. CBS reporter Roger Gonzalez reported on Wednesday that Yedlin could be set to leave the Magpies before the end of the transfer window. 

Gonzalez has even named a few potential landing spots. The reporter suggested his hometown club Seattle Sounders, expansion franchise Austin FC, Atlanta United, the Los Angeles Galaxy, and finally FC Cincinnati

Cincinnati, in fact, would be currently in the driver's seat to land the 27-year-old. According to MLSSoccer.com, Yedlin is on the Allocation Ranking List and FC Cincy are on top of the Allocation Order. Cincinnati, therefore, have the first right to sign him, any other club would have to trade for the number 1 spot on that list first if they want to acquire Yedlin. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m surprised he’s still in the prem. He’s shite

Is he? I thought he was doing well with Newcastle..for a period of time. 

I'd certainly love if Atlanta were able to grab him, but doubt that'll happen. Worst thing is he goes to his hometown Seattle are they are already stacked. 

Just now, Eco said:

Is he? I thought he was doing well with Newcastle..for a period of time. 

I'd certainly love if Atlanta were able to grab him, but doubt that'll happen. Worst thing is he goes to his hometown Seattle are they are already stacked. 

I think every time I watch him play he’s pretty useless and has always looked like one of the weaker players on the pitch.

I’m assuming that makes him shite, but maybe I just don’t watch enough Newcastle.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think every time I watch him play he’s pretty useless and has always looked like one of the weaker players on the pitch.

I’m assuming that makes him shite, but maybe I just don’t watch enough Newcastle.

I watch about 20 minutes a year of EPL, so I don't know, was just assuming he'd been doing well. 

@Steve Bruce Almighty?

• The title was changed to DeAndre Yedlin - Returning to MLS?
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have a kid and wife

I watch mostly Bundesliga and MLS

My wife is kill me if I spend 10 hours a day watching football

Yeah understandable. I’d tell you to fuck the MLS off, but you’ve actually got a hometown club so I’m not going to tell you to do that. Plus being in America that’s just about the only way to watch football at “normal times”

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah understandable. I’d tell you to fuck the MLS off, but you’ve actually got a hometown club so I’m not going to tell you to do that. Plus being in America that’s just about the only way to watch football at “normal times”

Yeah - I gave up on watching MLS UNLESS I am bored to bits and there is nothing else on. I find it rather boring. xD

• The topic was locked

Archived