football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Arm is out in an unnatural position, clear penalty imo

Took too long to call though

It bounces up off his own foot as a ricochet? I thought if it took deflections of another body part it wouldn't be given?

• The title was changed to Southampton (Ings, 90") 2-5 Tottenham - Sunday 20th September, 2020
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It bounces up off his own foot as a ricochet? I thought if it took deflections of another body part it wouldn't be given?

Unaware of that ruling, will have to read up as the rules change a lot lol. But certainly the arms position can be classed as in an unnatural position

1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

So many goals behind closed doors. What's going on?

Feel like the answer to that lies between the training ground feel of the games but also the lack of pre-season and time difference between the last. I wonder if it feels properly like a new season to the players.

• The title was changed to Southampton 2-5 Tottenham - Sunday 20th September, 2020
1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

So many goals behind closed doors. What's going on?

That very topic is currently being discussed on BBC.... Some are suggesting that no crowd lifts a lot of pressure off the big players/clubs and gives them more freedom to just play while the opposite is applying to smaller clubs who lose that crowd backing and need that extra lift the crowd would give them...

I reckon it could just be that with no pre-season, new signings and being a bit rusty, and maybe some not being 100% match fit that it's all just a hit and miss affair for the first few games while they shake it off... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived