talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 0-3 Brighton - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-3 (Connolly, 83") Brighton - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

3-0 Brighton and it's game over. They've been really good. I had them to do quite well last season but never seemed to get the results. Think they'll be nowhere near trouble based on their opening two performances.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-3 Brighton - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Lamptey honestly reminds me of when we signed Kante. The bloke's just absolutely everywhere. Different position but a similar stature. Seems really quite humble too. Very likeable player.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Lamptey honestly reminds me of when we signed Kante. The bloke's just absolutely everywhere. Different position but a similar stature. Seems really quite humble too. Very likeable player.

We are bound to be shaking our heads sometime in the future over letting him go when he starts ripping sides a new one week in and week out... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We are bound to be shaking our heads sometime in the future over letting him go when he starts ripping sides a new one week in and week out... 

Well what do you want though? Can't play both Reece James and Tariq Lamptey

Just now, Stan said:

Why not both?

Same position, as well as Azpilicueta. One of Lamptey and James have to be the preferred option, receiving the lion's share, I think it'd be unreasonable and unfair to expect a 50/50 split. Unfortunately it's not a position that can be shuffled around, like the midfield or the forward group.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Same position, as well as Azpilicueta. One of Lamptey and James have to be the preferred option, receiving the lion's share, I think it'd be unreasonable and unfair to expect a 50/50 split. Unfortunately it's not a position that can be shuffled around, like the midfield or the forward group.

Fair. Azpilicueta can't have that much longer left at the club though given his age.

Just now, Stan said:

Fair. Azpilicueta can't have that much longer left at the club though given his age.

He is only 31 though, he could play another four seasons and in that four seasons, how many games would Lamptey get? It's better to playing at Brighton as a starter and then maybe playing a few games here and there at Chelsea. Can't strut your stuff if you aren't given the time to do so.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is only 31 though, he could play another four seasons and in that four seasons, how many games would Lamptey get? It's better to playing at Brighton as a starter and then maybe playing a few games here and there at Chelsea. Can't strut your stuff if you aren't given the time to do so.

Fuck, thought he was about 34 xD 

It was nice of Sky to show some Sunday League. In these difficult times it's not safe to go down to the local park of Saint James. 

That's probably in our top 3 worst performances since promotion.  Should have been 4 or 5 to Brighton. No Premier League side should lose 3-0 at home to anyone unless it is to Man City or Liverpool. If you do you should have your wages docked and a public flogging without face masks.

We played Brighton at home exactly 1 year ago tomorrow. We were a shower of shite and couldn't get the ball off them, mugged them off with a 0-0 draw. I think it is fair to say comparing the two games Potter's Brighton have progressed and we look like having defensively regressed. That defending is scarily bad and we've done just as little infront of goal. We lost 5-1 preseason to Middlesbrough. Our defence was on its arse in that game. Our backup defence just got the run around midweek by Blackburn Rovers who then fluffed their chances. What's going on? The personnel are talented enough, we've seen it before. You therefore have to consider what you can't see, which is the coaching and match prep.

Against managers like Potter and Brendan Rodgers, why do we look out of our depth? I'd even say he struggles against Dean Smith.

The whole game screamed of an absence of preparation, consideration and thought. It looks like team and management arrogance has walked into this. 

Archived