talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 0-3 Brighton - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

It was nice of Sky to show some Sunday League. In these difficult times it's not safe to go down to the local park of Saint James. 

That's probably in our top 3 worst performances since promotion.  Should have been 4 or 5 to Brighton. No Premier League side should lose 3-0 at home to anyone unless it is to Man City or Liverpool. If you do you should have your wages docked and a public flogging without face masks.

We played Brighton at home exactly 1 year ago tomorrow. We were a shower of shite and couldn't get the ball off them, mugged them off with a 0-0 draw. I think it is fair to say comparing the two games Potter's Brighton have progressed and we look like having defensively regressed. That defending is scarily bad and we've done just as little infront of goal. We lost 5-1 preseason to Middlesbrough. Our defence was on its arse in that game. Our backup defence just got the run around midweek by Blackburn Rovers who then fluffed their chances. What's going on? The personnel are talented enough, we've seen it before. You therefore have to consider what you can't see, which is the coaching and match prep.

Against managers like Potter and Brendan Rodgers, why do we look out of our depth? I'd even say he struggles against Dean Smith.

The whole game screamed of an absence of preparation, consideration and thought. It looks like team and management arrogance has walked into this. 

Don’t knock Deano Harv or I’ll come chasing you around south London

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don’t knock Deano Harv or I’ll come chasing you around south London

If anything it's a compliment. Back handed maybe. Bruce struggled with Daniel Farke home and away last season. Probably the only manager to do so.

My theory (and it could be a total coincidence) is that against anyone even mildly post 2006 progressive in their football view and we look at worst shite and at best constipated. Anyone still similar to 2006 football, like Mourinho, Nuno, Ole, Moyes. We look at worst constipated, at best an interesting prospect.

Let's see what happens next week against Mourinho. Wouldn't be surprised if we look alright even if we lose. If we get dicked and look just as bad as today then we shall have to sound alarm bells this early on.

• Subscriber
On 20/09/2020 at 18:39, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

If anything it's a compliment. Back handed maybe. Bruce struggled with Daniel Farke home and away last season. Probably the only manager to do so.

My theory (and it could be a total coincidence) is that against anyone even mildly post 2006 progressive in their football view and we look at worst shite and at best constipated. Anyone still similar to 2006 football, like Mourinho, Nuno, Ole, Moyes. We look at worst constipated, at best an interesting prospect.

Let's see what happens next week against Mourinho. Wouldn't be surprised if we look alright even if we lose. If we get dicked and look just as bad as today then we shall have to sound alarm bells this early on.

Nope xD

Archived