1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png      VS     155.png

Head to Head
Chelsea - 64
Draws - 42
Liverpool - 79

Last Meeting
22/07/2020 - Liverpool 5-3 Chelsea

Last Fixture
03/03/2020 - Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool (FA Cup)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulisic, Ziyech, Silva and Chilwell confirmed out. Mendy's transfer still pending. A point here would be fantastic all things considered. 

Kepa

James--Christensen--Zouma---Azpilicueta

Jorginho

Kante-----Kovacic

Havertz---------------Werner

Giroud 

Considering how shit our defense looked against Leeds, I’d be lying if I said I was particularly thrilled about the prospect of facing Havertz and Werner.

Hopefully we tighten up at the back and Salah looks like he’s still on a warpath because he was a man on a mission last week.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Considering how shit our defense looked against Leeds, I’d be lying if I said I was particularly thrilled about the prospect of facing Havertz and Werner.

Hopefully we tighten up at the back and Salah looks like he’s still on a warpath because he was a man on a mission last week.

I hope Mane and Salah have been exchanging notes this week because if the two of them are fired up we could have a very interesting game this Sunday. 

I don't expect us to win this one... Hope we put up a decent fight obviously but with our backline being the same as last season I can't see us dealing any better with Liverpool's attack than we did in the last game.. If they have another 'Leeds' type off day then maybe we can cause them a few problems and get the draw or better perhaps but won't be losing sleep over this if we don't win.. It's a long old season ahead and too early to be getting the best out of our new signings I think... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't expect us to win this one... Hope we put up a decent fight obviously but with our backline being the same as last season I can't see us dealing any better with Liverpool's attack than we did in the last game.. If they have another 'Leeds' type off day then maybe we can cause them a few problems and get the draw or better perhaps but won't be losing sleep over this if we don't win.. It's a long old season ahead and too early to be getting the best out of our new signings I think... 

Didn't you'll look better when Barkley came on? I think thats cause for some optimism here even if your backline looked a bit off-pace in the first half of that game against Brighton.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't you'll look better when Barkley came on? I think thats cause for some optimism here even if your backline looked a bit off-pace in the first half of that game against Brighton.

Its going to take more than Barkley to get us a result mate.. I think Harvertz and Werner will put in a good shift as they are well motivated  but it will take time to settle in the side.. Think we will put up a decent show but our backline is still that worry, should be a good game with goals but think you will edge it.. 

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think it just emphasised how poor Reuben Loftus-Cheek was. One of the worst performances I've seen from a Chelsea player in a while. 

Werner I have no issues with. Havertz looked off pace against Brighton and will most likely again not play in his strongest position on Sunday. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think it just emphasised how poor Reuben Loftus-Cheek was. One of the worst performances I've seen from a Chelsea player in a while. 

Werner I have no issues with. Havertz looked off pace against Brighton and will most likely again not play in his strongest position on Sunday. 

When I watched it, he seemed to really just destroy any kind of attempt to play out in situations where you want the attack to move fast on the counter. He was also terribly slow in making passes to Werner when spaces opened up. Is there any reason Lampard persisted with him? Barring of course the fact that you'll have Ziyech out so that leaves a space to fill in the front-line.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Its going to take more than Barkley to get us a result mate.. I think Harvertz and Werner will put in a good shift as they are well motivated  but it will take time to settle in the side.. Think we will put up a decent show but our backline is still that worry, should be a good game with goals but think you will edge it.. 

I think there's more to you'll than the Brighton game because if anyone was watching our game they'd say our defense looked a bit shaky and wasn't sure about how to move the ball better. I always think there's a chance when you're playing at home but Sunday will tell it all I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

When I watched it, he seemed to really just destroy any kind of attempt to play out in situations where you want the attack to move fast on the counter. He was also terribly slow in making passes to Werner when spaces opened up. Is there any reason Lampard persisted with him? Barring of course the fact that you'll have Ziyech out so that leaves a space to fill in the front-line.

You don't spend 70+ million on a player and not play him in his strongest position. Injuries and the lack of preseason has put us in a situation where our strongest XI will take several weeks to become fully accustomed.  We probably won't see this team's potential until late October. 

I can only assume Barkley is on his way out. Ruben's dreadful showing last week probably twisted Lampard's hand to take him out. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Looking at how sharp and threatening he was in the Brighton game I would say he is probably good for 1 or 2 if given the same space Leeds were.. 

Now, you've done it. Be prepared for a three paragraph rant on why you are wrong.

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I just can't see Liverpool being that sloppy 2 games in a row... 

I can - also our last match against you was sort of a shitshow in terms of defensive errors on both sides. But your attack was much worse than it is without Werner.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can - also our last match against you was sort of a shitshow in terms of defensive errors on both sides. But your attack was much worse than it is without Werner.

What happened to the defensive cohesion? Is van Dijk already a spent force? Surely not.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The season's just started and we usually take some time to settle.

But it started last season after the team clinched the title. The break was short, so I don't necessarily buy that (it could be just that though). I just struggle to accept that one of the best defences in the world is this sloppy.

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

But it started last season after the team clinched the title. The break was short, so I don't necessarily buy that (it could be just that though). I just struggle to accept that one of the best defences in the world is this sloppy.

Did you watch us after the break though? The players sort of checked out after it was nailed on. I also think with the short pre-season, a lot of teams are a bit disjoint.

I think this is the best/worst time to be playing this Chelsea (or any club really). Best time because everyone’s gonna be a bit disjoint, but worst time because... you’ll be disjoint too. But shit changes quick and some clubs adjust to being sloppy quickly.

I have no idea what’ll happen, if I had to guess it’d be like the last time we met. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

@Devil-Dick Willie is Liverpools defence shit enough for a Werner hattrick?

Werner thrives off breathing room. That's why he batters Augsburg and the guns are silent against top 6 sides. If liverpool play 2 at the back like they can sometimes he'll get away with his pace... but his finishing is balls. Could score 3, or 0.

I'm sure Klopp knows this however 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived