talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Werner thrives off breathing room. That's why he batters Augsburg and the guns are silent against top 6 sides. If liverpool play 2 at the back like they can sometimes he'll get away with his pace... but his finishing is balls. Could score 3, or 0.

I'm sure Klopp knows this however 

I am sure VVD will be at his push and shovey best for this one... 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/09/2020 at 03:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

Considering how shit our defense looked against Leeds, I’d be lying if I said I was particularly thrilled about the prospect of facing Havertz and Werner.

Hopefully we tighten up at the back and Salah looks like he’s still on a warpath because he was a man on a mission last week.

I feel like short haired Mo is beast mode Mo tbh

14 hours ago, Spike said:

But it started last season after the team clinched the title. The break was short, so I don't necessarily buy that (it could be just that though). I just struggle to accept that one of the best defences in the world is this sloppy.

Think there is a weirdness about this season though... Those players that really thrive on the crowds will be more muted. There will be less momentum swings and less strength in the home teams records compared to away records. There will also be more fatigue and potentially even more disruption.

The question is whether we will snap to attention though and I think we will. But Chelsea are a better side so will likely find the net at some point

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This Lampard v Klopp stuff is cringe. 

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "There is no rivalry, you should stop reading newspapers. When I heard about this kind of thing I don't get that.

"You create rivalry between Frank Lampard and me. Why? We meet two or three times a year. I respect a lot what he is doing. He is probably a really nice guy, but I don't know because I don't know him in private, like he doesn't know me in private.

"On the sidelines we are sometimes emotional and animated and we may say a few words and a few minutes later we wish we hadn't said it. That's how life is. That's how football is. But there is nothing more than that.

"I heard some people said they would be happy if there was an old rivalry again like it was between Arsene (Wenger) and Alex Ferguson. I don't think the world needs any stories about these kinds of things. I can't help with the rivalry. I have no problem whatsoever."

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "There is no rivalry, you should stop reading newspapers. When I heard about this kind of thing I don't get that.

"You create rivalry between Frank Lampard and me. Why? We meet two or three times a year. I respect a lot what he is doing. He is probably a really nice guy, but I don't know because I don't know him in private, like he doesn't know me in private.

"On the sidelines we are sometimes emotional and animated and we may say a few words and a few minutes later we wish we hadn't said it. That's how life is. That's how football is. But there is nothing more than that.

"I heard some people said they would be happy if there was an old rivalry again like it was between Arsene (Wenger) and Alex Ferguson. I don't think the world needs any stories about these kinds of things. I can't help with the rivalry. I have no problem whatsoever."

All Chelsea-Liverpool rivalry shite is media manufactured nonsense tbh.

I don’t like Chelsea at all, but that doesn’t make us rivals

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

The media haven't had a good manager rivalry in years so they are trying to manufacture one. Awful too see.

Sky try it every year. Far too many people lap it up. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

All Chelsea-Liverpool rivalry shite is media manufactured nonsense tbh.

I don’t like Chelsea at all, but that doesn’t make us rivals

What do you define as a rival? Under the dictionary definition every club are rivals because they are in the same competition. You could say it isn't a derby or something, but you can't deny that there was a definite rivalry and animosity between the players in the mid to late 00s. Not every 'rivalry' is permanent

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

What do you define as a rival? 

Everton and Manchester United.

There was animosity in the 00s because you had a team full of cunts, truly some of footballs most unlikeable people like Drogba and Terry, and Mourinho. I’d be surprised if every club didn’t hate Chelsea then.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everton and Manchester United.

There was animosity in the 00s because you had a team full of cunts, truly some of footballs most unlikeable people like Drogba and Terry, and Mourinho. I’d be surprised if every club didn’t hate Chelsea then.

I disagree. The animosity was because the teams played eachother so much, more than any other teams; adding on top the fact that Liverpool would always beat Chelseaa, but Chelsea would always win the trophies.

I suppose I have more flexible definition of rivalry. Chelsea and Liverpool aren't rivals now but during the 00s they were. Just like how during the 70s Chelsea and Leeds hated each-other, or Arsenal and Man United in the 90s and 00s. Some are eternal but I think some are born through circumstances and eventually peter out

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived