The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everton and Manchester United.

There was animosity in the 00s because you had a team full of cunts, truly some of footballs most unlikeable people like Drogba and Terry, and Mourinho. I’d be surprised if every club didn’t hate Chelsea then.

That's new. 

If someone says Costa is unlikeable, I can understand. But why would anyone dislike Drogba? 

7 minutes ago, AMG said:

That's new. 

If someone says Costa is unlikeable, I can understand. But why would anyone dislike Drogba? 

Drogba was one of the most physical players in the league that used his physicality to batter defenders. He’s also the biggest diver I’ve ever seen in England, outrageous how often he’s go down from a soft touch after smashing into defenders routinely. Idk how anyone other than Chelsea fans could like him. He’s a... fucking disgrace.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Drogba was one of the most physical players in the league that used his physicality to batter defenders. He’s also the biggest diver I’ve ever seen in England, outrageous how often he’s go down from a soft touch after smashing into defenders routinely. Idk how anyone other than Chelsea fans could like him. He’s a... fucking disgrace.

Stopped a civil war in Ivory Coast, I reckon he may be popular

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

What do you define as a rival? Under the dictionary definition every club are rivals because they are in the same competition. You could say it isn't a derby or something, but you can't deny that there was a definite rivalry and animosity between the players in the mid to late 00s. Not every 'rivalry' is permanent

I think Chelsea are searching for validity and affirmation as a big club. All big clubs have serious big rivalries. Chelsea don’t. They are traditionally the third biggest club in London, Spurs and Arsenal value each other more, same with West Ham and millwall. I think you latch on to hating Liverpool as a way of making yourselves feel it is reciprocal? you see the same with Manchester City even though they do have a genuine rivalry with Man Utd 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Chelsea are searching for validity and affirmation as a big club. All big clubs have serious big rivalries. Chelsea don’t. They are traditionally the third biggest club in London, Spurs and Arsenal value each other more, same with West Ham and millwall. I think you latch on to hating Liverpool as a way of making yourselves feel it is reciprocal? you see the same with Manchester City even though they do have a genuine rivalry with Man Utd 

Chelsea and City should be rivals tbh

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

That's fair enough concerning the fans, but I was thinking more about the actual players in a competitive sense. I suppose Chelseaa do have Brentford and QPR but they only play one another once a decade.

As I said earlier, I think it's more dynamic than is and is not and rivals can falter and disappear, besides the un-reciprocated rivalry exists outside of club football. Germany doesn't consider England a rival, but the reverse is true.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived