talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber

I hope Klopp gives it some snidey bollocks after the game about Chelsea's spending again just to send Lampard and football twitter into meltdown. I can't imagine the Leicester-Burnley game is going to be elite Sunday evening entertainment.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Oh and before I forget we may in for another hat-trick today for Mane and I really do hope he gets it.

Yes please. Got him in a few draft teams.

Vardy for a hat-trick later as well please.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whoever was responsible for bringing Kepa to Chelsea should probably be banned from having a job at a football club

On the other hand, Zidane's blocking the signing of Kepa for Real Madrid looks like a stroke of genius, even if the fee was only 20 million euros. 

• Subscriber

Good save. Demoralising stuff for Chelsea.

I actually think Werner has looked threatening individually but there's only so much you can do when the opposition defence know that you're the main threat as opposed to Liverpool's attack who can damage you in multiple ways. Zouma and Tomori have had good games, but the rest is just a whole lot of meh from Chelsea's perspective. Even if you put Chilwell, Ziyech and Thiago Silva in here I think they're still a long way from competing with Liverpool and Man City over 38 games. Lampard has taken this job too soon.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020
  • Subscriber

Think Chelsea were good today and at one point they were comfortably pushing the ball past the defense to get Werner in. That red card ruined it for them but even then you could see shades of what can happen for them with better distribution. Thiago looked settled but this is a game where he got a lot more space than he probably will normally get. 

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Good save. Demoralising stuff for Chelsea.

I actually think Werner has looked threatening individually but there's only so much you can do when the opposition defence know that you're the main threat as opposed to Liverpool's attack who can damage you in multiple ways. Zouma and Tomori have had good games, but the rest is just a whole lot of meh from Chelsea's perspective. Even if you put Chilwell, Ziyech and Thiago Silva in here I think they're still a long way from competing with Liverpool and Man City over 38 games. Lampard has taken this job too soon.

Werner looks really good, he's very smart to find gaps in the opposing defence to make his runs.

On the other hand, I was not impressed at all by Chelsea's midfield today. 

To be fair on Lampard, Christensen and Kepa are players he's desperately trying to replace. But the whole execution today was wrong. So very wrong. We were never in the game with this sit back and hoof to Havertz approach. Why the inferiority complex? Replace him with prime Ronaldo up top and he'd even look shite today. 

I'm going to wait until everyone is available and our liabilities are no where near the starting XI, but so far Lampard is doing my head in. Werner, James, Kante and Tomori are the only players who did well today. Passive and complacent everywhere else but the tactics were primarily responsible for that. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Thiago Silva in for Christensen and Mendy in for Kepa, this could be a different game. 

However, I'm not having this hypothetical paper of the cracks that today's execution by Lampard was just bizarre. 

Absorb pressure and long balls to Havertz? Not a good start by Lampard in an area even his most loyal supporters demand to see improvement this season. 

I have the feeling that Kepa is still playing because he cost €80mio and someone can't admit he made a mistake.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived