talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

Not trying to blow our own trumpet but what Liverpool faced last week compared to today was chalk and cheese. Comfortable.

For a long period, Chelsea never laid a glove on Liverpool. The only difference between today and Monday was that Brighton had no killer instinct to capitalise when they were on top and gave away two silly goals.

It will take time for Chelsea to gel but as I said in Monday's thread, really missing the spark of Pulisic for me.

The clean sheet was massive for Liverpool today. They got a lot of stick for last week against us, some of it justified, but people underestimate how much pressure we put them under.

Proved today I think they are still solid back there and perhaps last week was a wake up call. Still the team to beat this season.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

"Big mistake. Clear mistake and when you reflect on the half without the mistake and the penalty we draw the game 1-1."

this fella is deluded isn't he

Yeah I can't remember anything else Chelsea did to be honest. Barely threatened Alisson. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty stupid tactics tbh, to not really attack a defense with a makeshift CB.

I didn’t mind setting up to counter. But being so passive about it, with the backwards passing and having Havertz as our outlet, that was stupid. No, worse than stupid. It was Phil's bald head. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I didn’t mind setting up to counter. But being so passive about it, with the backwards passing and having Havertz as our outlet, that was stupid. No, worse than stupid. It was Phil's bald head. 

You going to take that @DeadLinesman?

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Offside or not that is a shocking finish from Werner xD 

Stop laughing and start listening boys and girls

Chelsea had a top 4 attack, with a good midfield and a shit defense and keeper. You spent all the wrong money in all the wrong places. Could have kept Willian and bought EITHER Zyech or Kai, not both and definitely never Timo "worlds most useless cunt" Werner. 

Should have done more business deeper down the pitch that pick up a free tranny and a decent LB. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Chelsea had a top 4 attack, with a good midfield and a shit defense and keeper. You spent all the wrong money in all the wrong places. Could have kept Willian and bought EITHER Zyech or Kai, not both and definitely never Timo "worlds most useless cunt" Werner. 

Should have done more business deeper down the pitch that pick up a free tranny and a decent LB. 

5 of our starters were missing, not to mention we are actually better off now than we were this time last season. 

You’ve made it abundantly clear now your agenda with Werner, but let’s try and save the “shoulda, woulda, coulda” talk on our spending maybe when it isn’t only match-week 2? xD

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

5 of our starters were missing, not to mention we are actually better off now than we were this time last season. 

You’ve made it abundantly clear now your agenda with Werner, but let’s try and save the “shoulda, woulda, coulda” talk on our spending maybe when it isn’t only match-week 2? xD

Deal, see you week 38

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Tbf Werner looked miles better than Havertz. He wasn’t up to much, but he was really the biggest threat Chelsea posed for the most part.

But I agree with you, it’s weird they spent so much to bolster their attack. Their defense was rubbish last season. And today their midfield was pretty crap.

It’s still early days in the season, obviously... but if he doesn’t improve massively on last season I bet Well Fed Frank gets the chop from Roman, regardless of being a club legend

20 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool bossed that game before the sending off. Fat boy Lampard seems immune from criticism, what has happened to Chelsea fans? One thing they always were was ruthless in their criticism but public school boy fat frank gets nothing? 

Hardly "bossed it". What Liverpool chances spring to mind that first half?

Our next 3 league games are winnable games, we then have United on the 24th of October. It was during this period last year where we got to see Lampard's defined style of play. High pressure possession football. Since the restart, this identity has gone out the window. Somewhere along the way, we reverted back to shithousery for what ever reason. Lampard continued to make shift the midfield and formation, and go from starting Jorginho, to benching Jorginho for Kante, to then preferring Jorginho again...to ultimately become a one man team with Pulisic. So many changes and no clear defined style of play. 

No, we need to go back to what Lampard was trying to do at the beginning of last season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived