talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf Werner looked miles better than Havertz. He wasn’t up to much, but he was really the biggest threat Chelsea posed for the most part.

But I agree with you, it’s weird they spent so much to bolster their attack. Their defense was rubbish last season. And today their midfield was pretty crap.

It’s still early days in the season, obviously... but if he doesn’t improve massively on last season I bet Well Fed Frank gets the chop from Roman, regardless of being a club legend

I have more hope for Havertz for finding his form SOMEWHERE. Maybe not at chelsea. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned
On 21/09/2020 at 02:10, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea and City should be rivals tbh

I was very motivated by the rivalry we had with Chelsea during the Mourinho Benitez era. That was a great rivalry born of a hatred of Chelsea's entitled attitude, the arrogance of their players, their managers digs and their unlimited wealth.

That rivalry came back in 2013/14 but now I just see Chelsea as a relatively likeable team with a manager I quite like. They are very much cemented as a big club in terms of Australias following, definitely above Spurs and probably on the level of Arsenal, but they were popular here even during the Ranieri era.

The rivalry we have with city now is a great one also. A game neutrals will like. A game worth more than 3 points. And a lot to love about the prospect of wiping away peps shit eating grin.

Some great rivalries are made in the present.

On 22/09/2020 at 03:01, Harry said:

I was very motivated by the rivalry we had with Chelsea during the Mourinho Benitez era. That was a great rivalry born of a hatred of Chelsea's entitled attitude, the arrogance of their players, their managers digs and their unlimited wealth.

That rivalry came back in 2013/14 but now I just see Chelsea as a relatively likeable team with a manager I quite like. They are very much cemented as a big club in terms of Australias following, definitely above Spurs and probably on the level of Arsenal, but they were popular here even during the Ranieri era.

The rivalry we have with city now is a great one also. A game neutrals will like. A game worth more than 3 points. And a lot to love about the prospect of wiping away peps shit eating grin.

Some great rivalries are made in the present.

Tbh I find it easier to hate City like a rival, than with Chelsea. I imagine it's got something to do with the Manchester effect tbh.

Archived