talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 4-2 Burnley - Sunday 20th September, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

This ball from Youri is just ridiculous. 

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's twice Justin's been beaten in the air. That's just nowhere near good enough.

Yeah but how many big brutes of defenders do Burnley's players beat in the air? They clearly saw Justin as a target and it paid off for them.

Don't think we can be too harsh on him. He did quite well considering, I think.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're not too far off being a good team. We're not there yet, but we 're not far off. Thought we were porous defensively but really liked us going forward.

Harvey Barnes is not far off being a very, very good player.

I know we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves but I think we are a good team already, but can still be better. Especially when the defence gets sorted. And this is without Pereira, too.

There were times today, thanks to a decent, confident midfield and Castagne/Barnes where we looked so fluid. Really exciting and I think it's exactly what Rodgers wants out of this team. Quick passing and fluidity in the final third. Castagne gives us what we missed from Pereira. Really happy with how he's settled in so quickly too. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

This ball from Youri is just ridiculous. 

Yeah but how many big brutes of defenders do Burnley's players beat in the air? They clearly saw Justin as a target and it paid off for them.

Don't think we can be too harsh on him. He did quite well considering, I think.

I know we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves but I think we are a good team already, but can still be better. Especially when the defence gets sorted. And this is without Pereira, too.

There were times today, thanks to a decent, confident midfield and Castagne/Barnes where we looked so fluid. Really exciting and I think it's exactly what Rodgers wants out of this team. Quick passing and fluidity in the final third. Castagne gives us what we missed from Pereira. Really happy with how he's settled in so quickly too. 

I'm happy enough with Justin in general but I do think he's got a bit of an error in him and he's not quite ready yet. He'll have to do for now but I think when Ricardo is back it'll be him on the right, Castagne (who was very good again) on the left.

I will give that one to Congerton. He looks a really good buy. A natural fit for us as a team.

I think we're not far off but I'm not getting carried away because we've beaten two very poor teams. I think Burnley are alright usually, but with that many players out we have no excuse to not win fairly comfortably. The other side to that is that we're not at full strength either. We had no Ricardo, Evans, Maddison wasn't fully fit, and we're now about to add Cengiz Under, and hopefully Fofana. We're getting there.

I think more than anything, we needed these two wins just to turn moods around a bit.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I'm happy enough with Justin in general but I do think he's got a bit of an error in him and he's not quite ready yet. He'll have to do for now but I think when Ricardo is back it'll be him on the right, Castagne (who was very good again) on the left.

I will give that one to Congerton. He looks a really good buy. A natural fit for us as a team.

I think we're not far off but I'm not getting carried away because we've beaten two very poor teams. I think Burnley are alright usually, but with that many players out we have no excuse to not win fairly comfortably. The other side to that is that we're not at full strength either. We had no Ricardo, Evans, Maddison wasn't fully fit, and we're now about to add Cengiz Under, and hopefully Fofana. We're getting there.

I think more than anything, we needed these two wins just to turn moods around a bit.

Now we have a firing Arsenal and Man City as the next 2 xD 

Reckon ours and Arsenal's squads on Wednesday will be heavily changed.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Now we have a firing Arsenal and Man City as the next 2 xD 

Reckon ours and Arsenal's squads on Wednesday will be heavily changed.

Arsenal's a bit of a free hit to me. I think for one time, and one time only, I will advocate us not taking a cup seriously. We've got enough games and with Liverpool in the next around we're not likely to go through anyway. Behind closed doors as well it's just a bit crap.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Arsenal's a bit of a free hit to me. I think for one time, and one time only, I will advocate us not taking a cup seriously. We've got enough games and with Liverpool in the next around we're not likely to go through anyway. Behind closed doors as well it's just a bit crap.

Imagine if it's Lincoln...

• Subscriber

Watching it back, their first actually shouldn't count. It's borderline handball (rules changed AGAIN) and there's a shove, that wasn't just outmuscling. Terrible from the officials, as usual.

I feel like I moan too much about officiating but I hold officials to a much higher standards now we literally have VAR, and there's still an unacceptable amount of bizarre decisions. Luckily that one never cost us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived