talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diogo Jota Completes Move to Liverpool

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mel81x said:

Saw that Ki-Jana is going the other way too for about 10m + addons.

Interesting. What's Hoever's best position? If he's only going to get in at right back it probably makes sense for us to let him go. If it's CB, it's dead hard bringing in a young centre back to the team too

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Interesting. What's Hoever's best position? If he's only going to get in at right back it probably makes sense for us to let him go. If it's CB, it's dead hard bringing in a young centre back to the team too

From anytime I have seen him play its always down the wing and never in the middle. I don't think its a bad deal in all honesty as there are options like Neco who is still rough around the edges.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Usually cleaning up at the back.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He mostly plays at RB, I think.

I like the idea of signing Diego Jota though.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That Hoever has serious potential doesn’t he? Surely just pay the money for Jota.

He was more highly rated last season compared to this season. Fell behind in the pecking order to Neco Williams. And our starting right back ahead of Williams is also very young.

Probably no easy pathway into our first team for him. Better for him in the long run to go to a club like Wolves that are ambitious, still a good place for him to play and learn. And they just sold a right back, didn’t they? So there’s less competition and more chance for him to actually play.

And it keeps the cash outflow down for us but gets us some quality attacking depth. Seems pretty win win.

I don’t think there’s a lot between Hoever and Williams. Hoever probably more solid defensively, but Klopp fancies Neco Williams as back up so it’s probably best to move Hoever on. And to get 10m for him is decent. Would like so see a good sell on clause in that deal. 

This one is completely out of left field, but I am very excited. Jota is a class player, and the way we play he would slot right in. Chuffed at this business and I’m eating a bit plate full of humble pie right now. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

This one is completely out of left field, but I am very excited. Jota is a class player, and the way we play he would slot right in. Chuffed at this business and I’m eating a bit plate full of humble pie right now. 

He lacked consistency at Wolves reading their opinions on him. Considering he's unlikely to get regular time with that front 3 I wonder if that'll change?

Only ever so slightly cheaper than Werner but the difference in 2 players would be their playing time no doubt. Probably found a player to be comfortable as a squad player/back up to the front 3 but given his age as well he's ready to go straight in should any of the front 3 leave at any point in the future... 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

He lacked consistency at Wolves reading their opinions on him. Considering he's unlikely to get regular time with that front 3 I wonder if that'll change?

Only ever so slightly cheaper than Werner but the difference in 2 players would be their playing time no doubt. Probably found a player to be comfortable as a squad player/back up to the front 3 but given his age as well he's ready to go straight in should any of the front 3 leave at any point in the future... 

One big difference with the Werner fee is how it’s structured.

which is more palatable to us than the higher amount of money up front and wages for Werner (who, obviously I would prefer as a 4th choice attacker).

Looking at his stats at Wolves compared to Mane’s at Southampton before he joined us is... pretty interesting reading. We saw Mane improve a lot under Klopp, and I’ve thought Jota is a player who’d fit us well.

I’m pretty excited about this. It’s a bit closer to the quality of the starters in the front 3.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Werner wanted 250k a week, this guy is probably on 100k or thereabouts. Plus the payment structure is brilliant. I can see the logics in this signing. 

Plus Werner would have wanted to play every game no doubt. Maybe Jota does too but definitely cheaper than Werner. 

20 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fee seems hefty considering they were baulking at 50million for a superior Werner? Decent player though, thought he’d get a big move sooner or later.

I think that's already been explained in the tweets from James Pearce that both I and @Dr. Gonzo posted

• The title was changed to Diogo Jota Completes Move to Liverpool

Archived