talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riqui Puig Not Wanted By Koeman

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird club now. Sell all the young talented players who are for the future and sign past it players.

Saying that, with all the youngsters right now, a loan would do him well as it did with Aleñá as not everyone can play and he's still very young. But selling him would be an error. He's probably one who isn't ready to feature regularly yet, but it should be a loan and never a sale.

• Administrator

Shit, that, as whenever he played he looked comfortable with a lot of promise. Shame for Barca and I think they'll regret this as much as they do for not signing Asensio for 4m Euros before Real got to him.

9 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Weird club now. Sell all the young talented players who are for the future and sign past it players.

Saying that, with all the youngsters right now, a loan would do him well as it did with Aleñá as not everyone can play and he's still very young. But selling him would be an error. He's probably one who isn't ready to feature regularly yet, but it should be a loan and never a sale.

I don´t think Puig is ready to be a full-time starter for Barcelona, so in my opinion loaning is the best thing to do for him development. He needs to play regular football. 

Having said that, loans are tricky. Many teams prefer to give minutes to the players they own, so it´s up to Koeman and to the Barça board to find the right place for his growth. 

Puig is a great talent, but he still need to gain muscle and experience. 

England is not the right place for him, since he´s still very fragile physically, but at the same time, when I read this news, the first thing that popped my mind was: "Man, Puig under Bielsa would be great."

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is... Hagrid... reliable for Barca news?

Yes, it´s a good Twitter profile for information about Barça in english, but he is not the source himself. He mostly translate to english what the spanish journalists tweet. In this case, the information came originally from Gerard Romero, who´s very reliable.  

He's wanting Puig and Pedri out on loan rather than wanting them.sold as the original articles floating about portrayed. That makes sense as they are 2 of Spain's too young talents and a loan to another Spanish club would benefit them greatly, especially Pedri, who is 17. But never selling them. 

Puig is a true Catalan and he impressed under Setién. More so than even Arthur in terms of consistency over a period.

A loan to someone like Betis would do him good thinking of it, but then the midfield starts to lack depth at the same time if there are any injuries. Koeman also said the idea is for him to go out on loan as he needs minutes, but that his future is still at the club, so he won't be sold.

There isn't a single striker at all other than Braithwaite but he's Championship standard if we are honest and the by far weakest part of the team(the defence) is still exactly the same as last year. Those are the main worries. But the midfield and attack(in terms of attacking mids and wide players) has plenty of options, but no out and out striker.

• The topic was locked

Archived