talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lacazette To Join Atletico

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Curious move in my mind, I think he's better suited to the Premier League, I'm also surprised it was Atletico as well. However he'll be a good replacement for Griezmann

I don't know enough about the player to give my opinion if the deal gets done, which it is not the case so far (the trade ban is a pending issue in this regard, too). In related news, I find the Atlético interest in Vitolo, a overrated player, extremely disturbing.

11 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

I find the Atlético interest in Vitolo, a overrated player, extremely disturbing.

Really?  In my personal opinion Vitolo is perfection personified for Atleti.  His direct approach to football coupled with his aggressive character is exactly what's been missing this season.  I know Barça are interested in him too but I don't think he's suited to how they play traditionally...  In saying this, he would've been the perfect recruitment  for Luis Enrique's style this season and maybe some of those rotational defeats may not have occurred.  Obviously this is pure speculative from my part, but for me he has a lot to offer from a very direct side that tries to play a three touch type attacking system.

Goal of Torres to say goodbye to the Calderón.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Really?  In my personal opinion Vitolo is perfection personified for Atleti.  His direct approach to football coupled with his aggressive character is exactly what's been missing this season.  I know Barça are interested in him too but I don't think he's suited to how they play traditionally...  In saying this, he would've been the perfect recruitment  for Luis Enrique's style this season and maybe some of those rotational defeats may not have occurred.  Obviously this is pure speculative from my part, but for me he has a lot to offer from a very direct side that tries to play a three touch type attacking system.

Poor finishing ability. Too right-footed. Nimble and relatively quick in the open run but overrated in short spaces. Robotic dribbling. Aside from being more "consistent", does he improve Carrasco when it comes to any technical skill?

I'm glad it's not us. I know he's got a good goalscoring record, but I've never been that impressed by anything about him when I've seen him play.

He's destined to flop in my opinion, and some of the numbers that've been suggested as a transfer fee are astronomical.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:56 PM, Kowabunga said:

does he improve Carrasco when it comes to any technical skill?

No, he doesn't improve on Carrasco on any front and neither does he improve on any single one of your front players this season in my opinion.  He is actually a great addition to your present squad, an addition that adds some qualities that have been missing this season but not a replacement if that's your fear.  I don't know if you'll be letting go of anyone up front even Griezmann... Especially after some quotes associated to Simeone after the elimination from the Champions League.

But he does suit your side in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

Lacazette will be a success. He may not hit similar heights of goals but he will play well. I do very much hope that Lacazette is more than a gambit to keep Grizemann around.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

No.

I miss the old days when Atletico relied on buying strikers on a cheap that became world beaters instead of spending for success. Hence why I'd like to see Schiappacase succeed.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Lacazette will be a success. He may not hit similar heights of goals but he will play well. I do very much hope that Lacazette is more than a gambit to keep Grizemann around.

Nah Griezmann's fucked off. Reckon his whole 6/10 statement was whether or not United would make the CL next year. Apparently he stated something along the lines that Atletico has a lack of drive in winning trophies, ignoring the fact he himself is a walking loser and bottles it in Finals. 

He reeks of a Ronaldo and Beckham vibe. Hope he does go to United to forever cement his long lasting love for Pogba. The pair of queens. 

Atletico can and deserve better if those statements were true. Flog him off to his dearest United. Not like they don't have the tendency of having great strikers. Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Costa, etc. 

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I miss the old days when Atletico relied on buying strikers on a cheap that became world beaters instead of spending for success. Hence why I'd like to see Schiappacase succeed.

I like the everyday when Atletico succeeds. Besides, Forlan, Falcao, Griezmann, Vieri, Hasselbaink and Aguero were not cheap at all. So what players are you talking about? Costa?

Just now, Spike said:

I like the everyday when Atletico succeeds. Besides, Forlan, Falcao, Griezmann, Vieri, Hasselbaink and Aguero were not cheap at all. So what players are you talking about? Costa?

Maybe "cheap" wasn't the right word. Definitely players who didn't have a name in that sense. Aguero, Falcao, and Costa the 3 main examples. Falcao was somewhat of a name then but not as much as Griezmann or Forlan for example.

I disagree that this way Atletico succeeds though. Its good to spend on strikers like Lacazette to keep competing at a top level but they had their most successful season in 2013-14 where they won La Liga and were a second away from the UCL.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

They won la liga with Costa, who was a freebie if I'm not mistaken, and David Villa, who costed next to nothing. Unless he means that.

But Atletico have generally always been a club who spend big on a striker to be honest.

Maybe "cheap" wasn't the right word. Definitely players who didn't have a name in that sense. Aguero, Falcao, and Costa the 3 main examples. Falcao was somewhat of a name then but not as much as Griezmann or Forlan for example.

I disagree that this way Atletico succeeds though. Its good to spend on strikers like Lacazette to keep competing at a top level but they had their most successful season in 2013-14 where they won La Liga and were a second away from the UCL.

AGUERO NOT A NAME? He was the most hyped teenager in the world when he joined Atleti. Falcao was the hottest property in the world, he came off the back of destroying the Europa League and was one of the most talked about strikers in the world.  Your so called 'most successful season' came of the back of nearly two decades of league drought, including relegation. I'd rather see Atleti continue to have a great team than to suffer another twenty years of mediocrity.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

AGUERO NOT A NAME? He was the most hyped teenager in the world when he joined Atleti. Falcao was the hottest property in the world, he came off the back of destroying the Europa League and was one of the most talked about strikers in the world.  Your so called 'most successful season' came of the back of nearly two decades of league drought, including relegation. I'd rather see Atleti continue to have a great team than to suffer another twenty years of mediocrity.

They were still in stepping stone leagues. But otherwise fair enough.

Although that still doesn't take away from the successful 2013-14 season where they didn't spend much.

They were still in stepping stone leagues. But otherwise fair enough.

Although that still doesn't take away from the successful 2013-14 season where they didn't spend much.

Nobody has ever said it does.

Besides, weren't you arguing with me that the Argentine league is very important? Why did you just call it a stepping stone league?

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nobody has ever said it does.

Besides, weren't you arguing with me that the Argentine league is very important? Why did you just call it a stepping stone league?

It is important, but us South Americans nowadays have to accept it has become a stepping stone league, which to me are all relevant. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't get it... What's a stepping stone league... The Argentinian league? O.o

I don't really know but I do know what a stepping stone club looks like. They wear red with white sleeves and used to play in Woolwhich.

Archived