The better place to talk football.

Georginio Wijnaldum - Barcelona Deal Unlikely

football forum

• The title was changed to Georginio Wijnaldum - Barcelona Deal Unlikely
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apparently La Liga have put a cap on spending for each club in the league. Not sure of the intricacies of it but this could impact their game/league for the better. Rely on youth more and stop the obscene spending in that league, mainly by Real and Barca.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Well they've just moved Nelson Semedo to Wolves but I doubt that brings them under the RFEF regulations yet. Moving Coutinho and Suarez on might be able to make this happen but I can't see them doing that either.

Semedo's gone to Wolves?!

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Barcelona have apparently accepted the offer and Wolves are tying things up from the news doing the rounds.

Wow. What a player to lose. I know they were looking at getting Aarons in (for which Norwich rejected!) but didn't know it was in place of Semedo. That's insane.

18 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Could have sworn I'd seen a topic for this one but a quick search doesn't find anything.

Anyway

Barcelona have been banned from signing Liverpool and Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 29, because of strict La Liga financial rules. (Sunday Mirror)

Good, fuck Barca and I love Gini I’d rather keep him for another year.

James Pearce is saying it’s unlikely he extends his contract with us and is probably leaving on a free at the end of the season. Which is fair enough, he’s 30 and has given us some years of excellent service. I don’t begrudge him looking for one last massive payday.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

James Pearce is saying it’s unlikely he extends his contract with us and is probably leaving on a free at the end of the season. Which is fair enough, he’s 30 and has given us some years of excellent service. I don’t begrudge him looking for one last massive payday.

Absolutely. He's not exactly a high earner in comparison to some of the others either. We get another year from him and he goes somewhere on a big wage and signing on fee next year, everyone's happy 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Absolutely. He's not exactly a high earner in comparison to some of the others either. We get another year from him and he goes somewhere on a big wage and signing on fee next year, everyone's happy 

My only concern is keeping so many great midfielders happy. 3 places for Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Naby, Gini, Milner let alone the squad and developing players...  

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

My only concern is keeping so many great midfielders happy. 3 places for Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Naby, Gini, Milner let alone the squad and developing players...  

Fabinho will cover at centre back as seen yesterday. Hopefully it means we can have a decent go in one of the cups. You'd imagine Jones and Milner will start them games with one other. You've not even mentioned Chamberlain there either haha 

• The topic was locked

Archived