The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-3 Man City - Monday 21st September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

John Stones and Ake at the heart of defence sounds juicy for Wolves. If they don't score, I'll be shocked.

Literally just came in here to say that Ake and Stones isn't a centre back pairing that screams "we're going to get our title back" on the first day of the season.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Agreed.

It seems a bit weak for a centre-back pairing to challenge for the title.

Wolves may fancy their chances here...

Tbh I think Wolves would fancy their chances here in any case. I think they've got a decent record against City (I think...) and they typically put in big performances against good sides.

• Administrator

Sterling should be booked for that.

Referees need to clamp down like they said they would on diving. Not that I'm blaming VAR, far from it. But if it reviews for a penalty why can't it review that Sterling dived. Just because you go down 'expecting' contact doesn't absolve you of simulation.

I've got 2 minds about that. It looked like a dive, for sure - especially once we see there's no contact. But what if he's expecting contact so he reacts so as to minimise any injury. He didn't appeal for it to the ref, he got back up.

It's really hard to determine the intent there. But because it's Sterling... I agree with @Stan he should have been booked there :ph34r:

Nah seriously, part of me thinks attackers should be booked for that and another part of me thinks "well if they don't really appeal for a penalty/foul... we don't really know exactly why they went down" and booking a player for reacting in a way to possibly avoid injury seems harsh.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Sterling should be booked for that.

Referees need to clamp down like they said they would on diving. Not that I'm blaming VAR, far from it. But if it reviews for a penalty why can't it review that Sterling dived. Just because you go down 'expecting' contact doesn't absolve you of simulation.

They don't care about diving anymore. Players having arms when defending in their own penalty box is what's really ruining the modern game and needs to be eliminated.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've got 2 minds about that. It looked like a dive, for sure - especially once we see there's no contact. But what if he's expecting contact so he reacts so as to minimise any injury. He didn't appeal for it to the ref, he got back up.

It's really hard to determine the intent there. But because it's Sterling... I agree with @Stan he should have been booked there :ph34r:

Nah seriously, part of me thinks attackers should be booked for that and another part of me thinks "well if they don't really appeal for a penalty/foul... we don't really know exactly why they went down" and booking a player for reacting in a way to possibly avoid injury seems harsh.

I don't think this should ever be a reason to go down. Probably do yourself more harm than good by going down to minimise injury.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think this should ever be a reason to go down. Probably do yourself more harm than good by going down to minimise injury.

I don't think it's necessarily done logically, I think it's more of a reflex reaction than anything.

Fuck if I know though xD

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-1 (De Bruyne, 20") Man City - Monday 21st September, 2020
  • Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Best player in the league starting as he means to go on. Formidable isn't he.

Amongst all his obvious talents, I just love how he gets around the pitch so much. Literally all over it like a rash.

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-2 (Foden, 32") Man City - Monday 21st September, 2020
  • The title was changed to Wolves 1-3 Man City - Monday 21st September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived