The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [2. Spieltag] - 25-27th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Relling said:

I remember a skijumper called Hoeness in my childhod. He must have been a hero, since I named my piggy bank after him. Or maybe it was really named after Uli.

You having a piggy bank called Hoeneß is definitely my favourite new thing I learned xD 

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Really looking forward to the last match of Week 2. Enjoy both Freiburg and Wolfsburg so this should be a great match. 

Yeah, they are both sides that play decent football, although I am surprised to see Schlager on the bench for this one. :S

The Bayern game shows some deficiencies in depth. 
they had 120min with Sevilla on Thursday and a game midweek ahead vs Dortmund and decided to rest some players. 
for me Alaba hasn’t been on. (His free kick specialty isn’t there)

tolisso (sp?) has never really impressed during his stay

Others have mentioned Sané isn’t on either. Dunno if he’s still adjusting or what it is - jury still out.  He’s very hot and cold. 

although Davies started he didn’t run at defenders much as usual. Dunno if hoff defended/prevented that or Bayern switched tactics. 

zirkzee - hard act to follow in lewandowski

perhaps the high line should be scrapped. Use different approach. Only time till clubs figure to counter it. Also Bayern should use the pace of sane/Davies/Gnarby/Coman and use the long tactic more often too. 

will be interesting how they will bounce back midweek against Dortmund. (Who also lost but what I gather played well/threatened)

9 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

will be interesting how they will bounce back midweek against Dortmund. (Who also lost but what I gather played well/threatened)

Disagree, Supercup supersedes the thankfully dispatched Ligapokal as the most superfluous competition in German football and should be treated with disregard, especially now, when it's played while the new season has already begun.

4 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

The Bayern game shows some deficiencies in depth. 
they had 120min with Sevilla on Thursday and a game midweek ahead vs Dortmund and decided to rest some players. 
for me Alaba hasn’t been on. (His free kick specialty isn’t there)

tolisso (sp?) has never really impressed during his stay

Others have mentioned Sané isn’t on either. Dunno if he’s still adjusting or what it is - jury still out.  He’s very hot and cold. 

although Davies started he didn’t run at defenders much as usual. Dunno if hoff defended/prevented that or Bayern switched tactics. 

zirkzee - hard act to follow in lewandowski

perhaps the high line should be scrapped. Use different approach. Only time till clubs figure to counter it. Also Bayern should use the pace of sane/Davies/Gnarby/Coman and use the long tactic more often too. 

There is no doubt that the 120 minutes of football in midweek that Bayern played in Hungary would have taken something out of them. However, I don't think that Bayern have much to worry about long term. They have small issues here and there, but I still don't think they have too much to be concerned about.

It's true that Tolisso didn't have a great game, but he is still a decent player on his day. Alaba in my opinion hasn't been at his best since the situation with his contract arose. While Sane has played well in my opinion, perhaps he hasn't been outstanding so far, but give him time to settle in. I don't think that his quality is in question. Davies had an off day as well, but it happens in football. I have no doubt that Bayern will come back strong after this and they look well covered, except maybe in attack. Zirkzee is a young talent, but he is nowhere near Lewandowski's level. Maybe another proven striker should be signed by Bayern to give Lewandowski more competition.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Disagree, Supercup supersedes the thankfully dispatched Ligapokal as the most superfluous competition in German football and should be treated with disregard, especially now, when it's played while the new season has already begun.

Perhaps Bayern should field b team (arp Tillman zirkzee Musial (sp?) ). Let these young players get a chance to shine

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

They decided to lose in solidarity with BVB.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

They lost to a team better than them at this day. Happened beforehand and will continue to happen in the future. Let's not pretend such a result were unprecedented.

That must be the first game they have lost in over 10 years isn't it?? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived