talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [2. Spieltag] - 25-27th September, 2020

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I don't like it. I bet it's a nice option for the managers to have, especially in terms of tactical flexibility, but I think it influences the game too much.

Yeah - I think it takes less emphasis on pre match prep, because if you don't prepare enough, and get killed in the first half, you can change 1/4 of your squad and still have 2 subs at your disposal. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I don't like it. I bet it's a nice option for the managers to have, especially in terms of tactical flexibility, but I think it influences the game too much.

If anything it benefits the top sides the most, as they usually have strong squads that have depth, which is not usually the case with the lesser sides.

Just now, nudge said:

Good news regarding Kostic - first tests show that there's no damage to his knee ligaments, so the injury is apparently not as bad as feared.

That is good news, he is such an integral part of the team, losing him for a long spell would really hurt Frankfurt. I can see him setting up Andre Silva and Dost on many occasions this season, with his excellent crosses.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Dost is one of those players that I think would have thrived and enjoyed life in football about 20 years ago when it was much more of a physical game. 

Yes, he is a typical robust old school centre forward. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Maier came on at half-time for Darida but now he has just been substituted off and replaced by Plattenhardt in the 66th minute. Not sure why, but he's either picked up a knock or he has just not impressed Labbadia.

He played well so it only makes sense if he has picked up some injury. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived