talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Third Round Matches - 22-24th September, 2020

football forum

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford really is determined to make everyone who defends him look stupid isn't he.

Just seen the two Fleetwood goals. You really do need to get rid. It'll become more obvious the more you improve further up the pitch too

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just seen the two Fleetwood goals. You really do need to get rid. It'll become more obvious the more you improve further up the pitch too

I wouldn't even be shocked to see us push for another goalkeeper this window. Now that we've addressed the glaring issues in midfield, right back and goalkeeper are the next areas that will get looked at if Pickford doesn't get rid of this shite right now.

• Subscriber

We played some lovely stuff tonight but I can't fully enjoy it because of how annoyed I am at Pickford giving them two goals for absolutely no reason and putting us under pressure for parts of the game. There's a good goalkeeper in there somewhere, he was absolutely superb in his first season for us but it's all looking very Joe Hart now.

Bernard, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Richarlison, Gordon - brilliant. Want to see more from Kenny in a game like this to challenge Coleman for that right back spot. I would have given Kean the full game personally. He was poor last week despite his goal but he needs an arm around him and some game time, the carrot rather than the stick. Bagged again tonight, give the lad a chance to build some momentum.

Apparently Gordon asked Ancelotti to explain why he hasn't been involved in either of the opening two league games - love to see that to be honest. Two assists off the bench tonight. @Batard I know you commented on it last week but we've absolutely robbed you paying £250k compensation for Nkounkou.

Decent game... felt a bit sorry for Barnsley not because we didn't deserve the win because we did but because they came with an attacking mentality and got nothing to show for it... pretty much on target with the same amount of shots we had I think?? Caballero being the difference in goal... If that had been Kepa I am pretty sure they could have left with a couple in the bag... 

Pleased for Harvertz although he looked knackered at the end so still some match fitness to go there I reckon before we see the best of him but some nice touches tonight..  Silva looked composed as well and will hopefully take a little of the panic out the backline... 

Good game with everyone doing well... can't really fault anyone tonight for effort 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dan said:

We clearly aren't trying at all here. Arsenal need shooting if they can't beat that XI.

Arsenal avoid the shooting. We threw that with some absolutely laughable defending. Plenty of names involved tonight show why they're very rarely picked.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We played some lovely stuff tonight but I can't fully enjoy it because of how annoyed I am at Pickford giving them two goals for absolutely no reason and putting us under pressure for parts of the game. There's a good goalkeeper in there somewhere, he was absolutely superb in his first season for us but it's all looking very Joe Hart now.

Bernard, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Richarlison, Gordon - brilliant. Want to see more from Kenny in a game like this to challenge Coleman for that right back spot. I would have given Kean the full game personally. He was poor last week despite his goal but he needs an arm around him and some game time, the carrot rather than the stick. Bagged again tonight, give the lad a chance to build some momentum.

Apparently Gordon asked Ancelotti to explain why he hasn't been involved in either of the opening two league games - love to see that to be honest. Two assists off the bench tonight. @Batard I know you commented on it last week but we've absolutely robbed you paying £250k compensation for Nkounkou.

That whole situation still gets my goat. We played an attacking midfielder at leftback last season over him on one occasion, clearly didn't fancy him and it's going to cost us because he's clearly got a lot of potential. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dont Carabao the league cup tbf, I think it should be scrapped generally speaking... but especially during this season of high covidity.

681581.gif

(for the pun, not the lack of care)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived