• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3.Liga & Below - 2020/21

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Chemnitz fans have saved the club from insolvency... If they hadn't raised 450000 Euro until August 10th, the club would have likely be disbanded. Michael Ballack joined in and auctioned his signed shirts to help too :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2020 at 16:56, shut up said:

Found this youtube video of the rise and fall of FC Kaiserslautern. They were a huge club when I was a boy. 

We used to have a girl on here who was a die hard Kasier fan. She was American, but born on the base there or grew up there...not sure which. 

But yeah, they have fallen off. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

We used to have a girl on here who was a die hard Kasier fan. She was American, but born on the base there or grew up there...not sure which. 

But yeah, they have fallen off. 

Scout FC. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I always got along fine with her. 

Yeah - I don't think her and I had any run ins either, but I remember her getting banned and I am vaguely sure that she went through spells where she would be impossible. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I don't think her and I had any run ins either, but I remember her getting banned and I am vaguely sure that she went through spells where she would be impossible. 

Well, we all have phases. I used to be an annoying idiot on forums too, but then I turned it all around and now I'm just a regular idiot. 

Looking into 3. LIga, and I have now learned that Germany has a large Turkish population in Munich, as told by the club Türkgücü München.

I wonder how their are viewed in the German community? 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Eco said:

Looking into 3. LIga, and I have now learned that Germany has a large Turkish population in Munich, as told by the club Türkgücü München.

I wonder how their are viewed in the German community? 

Don't know how they are viewed in the German community; for me it's yet another club that has been climbing up thanks to investor money and 50+1 loopholes.

Just now, nudge said:

Don't know how they are viewed in the German community; for me it's yet another club that has been climbing up thanks to investor money and 50+1 loopholes.

I wasn't aware that were also part of the loophole. 

What are the list of teams that you believe have such a loophole currently in place? 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

I wasn't aware that were also part of the loophole. 

What are the list of teams that you believe have such a loophole currently in place? 

Outside of 1. Bundesliga? From the top of my head:

Hannover (Kind)
1860 München (Ismaik)
KFC Uerdingen (Ponomarev)
Viktoria Köln (Wernze)
Carl Zeiss Jena (Duchatelet)

I'm sure there are more.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

KFC Uerdingen are in a litigation with one of their players over wages. Mentioning it because said player is Großkreutz. It's a mesmerizing fall from grace to develop from a WC-winner to a third tier player in a lawsuit with his empolyer in only 6 years.

Not sure whom I am supposed to sympathise with here. A Russian millionaire club that is using a global pandemic as an excuse to not pay the employee wages again, or a millionaire football player who's apparently the only one in the whole club who doesn't agree with it. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not sure whom I am supposed to sympathise with here. A Russian millionaire club that is using a global pandemic as an excuse to not pay the employee wages again, or a millionaire football player who's apparently the only one in the whole club who doesn't agree with it. 

You're not supposed to sympathize with any of both sides, I for one don't. Found it simply astonishing how Großkreutz can't help to appear in the headlines for undesirable reasons. Agree on Ponomarev using Covid as an excuse not to pay regular wages being questionable.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprises me that they are play in 3. Liga. 

Has their been talk of just created a reserve league, with their own promotion/relegation structure? Seems rather bad for the league for have Bayern Munich II winning 3. Liga instead of local First teams. 

• The title was changed to 3.Liga & Below - 2020/21
  • The topic was pinned

Still doesn't draw focus to my main topic...which is what Bundesliga fans think should be done with the reserve teams? 

I feel like the best solution is to have a reserve league and have all the reserve teams play in it instead of inserting them into the professional leagues. 

Thoughts? 

@nudge @Michael @Rucksackfranzose @Faithcore @Devil-Dick Willie @SchalkeUK @Viva la FCB @binder @Tommy

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still doesn't draw focus to my main topic...which is what Bundesliga fans think should be done with the reserve teams? 

I feel like the best solution is to have a reserve league and have all the reserve teams play in it instead of inserting them into the professional leagues. 

Thoughts? 

@nudge @Michael @Rucksackfranzose @Faithcore @Devil-Dick Willie @SchalkeUK @Viva la FCB @binder @Tommy

Think we already discussed this last season - nonetheless, in my opinion it's not ideal to have second teams in the normal pyramid, still is the only possible solution, if clubs want their second teams to be playing competitive football. A reserve round would not be sustainable financially as neither sponsors nor spectators nor media were interested in a Sandhausen II vs Würzburg II match, with all due respect. The only way games of second teams aren't completely ignored by sponsors, media and spectators neither related to the players nor completely crazy for their club is facing first teams of other clubs.

The Professional game is hard - a reserve league would get young players to compete against other young players and the level of work etc would not give them the experience they need to prepare for the higher form of football.  Playing against other clubs as reserve sides in a proper league is a better  form of education.  Taking Grammar School pupils to the local Comprehensive for lessons would never be contemplated - not because of any form of elitism, but because it's a different world and it wouldn't work.  We dare not put too many young players into the first BL teams at once, but experience against senior Pro's who are in the last years for their careers is far better than forming a 'kids' league.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived