talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3.Liga & Below - 2020/21

13 minutes ago, Coma said:

I don't get that part at all.  I could see a club asking existing players for wage deferrals to cut costs, but asking the players to pay back wages?  Ridiculous.

Well, in Germany exists the concept of improper (probably a better translation than immoral) conduct- financial gain out of said improper conduct is illegal and can therefore asked to be paid back, seems this scenario is alluded to here. As for this ridiculous comment Germany has another societal approach to several business procedures, which would be looked at as smart in Anglo-Saxon countries yet are illegal here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, in Germany exists the concept of improper (probebly a better translation than immoral) conduct- financial gain out of said improper conduct is illegal and can therefore asked to be paid back, seems this scenario is alluded to here. As for this ridiculous comment Germany has another societal approach to several business procedures, which would be looked at as smart in Anglo-Saxon countries yet are illegal here.

I guess I don't understand the improper designation.  That implies that the players did something wrong, which I don't believe is the case.  The club was run poorly but the players still provided a service to the club by playing matches, etc.  You could argue that by not paying the players they wouldn't have generated any matchday revenue, thus making the financial hole bigger.

49 minutes ago, Coma said:

I guess I don't understand the improper designation.  That implies that the players did something wrong, which I don't believe is the case.  The club was run poorly but the players still provided a service to the club by playing matches, etc.  You could argue that by not paying the players they wouldn't have generated any matchday revenue, thus making the financial hole bigger.

Nope the article implies that said players took improper advantage out of the predicament Uerdingen were in- don't know if that's the case but certainly a possible explanation would be players asking for extra payments for going on the pitch knowing that the club can't afford to deny because they had faced harsher santions if the players had refused to play a particular match. This kind of a predicament's exploitation e.g. is illegal in Germany.

21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Nope the article implies that said players took improper advantage out of the predicament Uerdingen were in- don't know if that's the case but certainly a possible explanation would be players asking for extra payments for going on the pitch knowing that the club can't afford to deny because he had faced harsher santions if the players had refused to play a particular match. This kind of a predicament's exploitation e.g. is illegal in Germany.

Ok, that makes more sense.  I didn't get that from the translation when I read the article.

Race for promotion in the Dritte is tight.  Hansa, Ingolstadt, Dresden, 1860 are all separated by 4 points with Dresden having a game in hand.  5 games to go.  

Glad to see that Kaiserslautern are starting to pull away from the bottom as well.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Rooting for Dresden. They got royally screwed over by the DFL last season. 

How so?  I was hoping for Dresden and Magdeburg.  Lots of mystique around those eastern teams that have suffered for years.

6 minutes ago, Coma said:

How so?  I was hoping for Dresden and Magdeburg.  Lots of mystique around those eastern teams that have suffered for years.

They had to go into quarantine, twice I think. And then they had to play like 8 matches in 20 days or something like that. They were clearly too exhausted in the end, and that's why they got relegated. 

There was this memorable interview with a distraught Chris Löwe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2021 at 22:49, Faithcore said:

Must-Watch.

Basically an extended version of the above linked documentation with focus only on Duisburg this time and we learn more about the legend Danny Wustlich:

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Basically an extended version of the above linked documentation with focus only on Duisburg this time and we learn more about the legend Danny Wustlich:

Will watch it later this evening as I'm going to enjoy the fine weather and some beers but will definitly be watching it as the last one was very interesting.

16 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

@Rucksackfranzose I hope I can count on you guys today.

Honestly, don't know. We're somewhat unpredictable, or very inconsistent take your pick, at the moment. Last three matches were a 4-0 win in Munich at Bayern II, a 0-3 loss at home to Magdeburg, and a finally 0-0 draw away in Ingolstadt. Hope, we can secure your league affiliation for next season, though. Even if this means Lautern's odds of playing 3.Liga next season are shortening. No rose without thorns I guess.

8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Honestly, don't know. We're somewhat unpredictable, or very inconsistent take your pick, at the moment. Last three matches were a 4-0 win in Munich at Bayern II, a 0-3 loss at home to Magdeburg, and a finally 0-0 draw away in Ingolstadt. Hope, we can secure your league affiliation for next season, though. Even if this means Lautern's odds of playing 3.Liga next season are shortening. No rose without thorns I guess.

Tbh I am rooting for Kaiserslautern to go down but I guess that is pretty unlikely now. 

I think we are as good as saved, but of course I would prefer it to be over tonight and we can finally forget about the season.

Will the Regionalligas promote teams to the 3. Liga this year?  Everything I see indicates that they have played only half the season.

edit: Nevermind, I see RW Essen, Viktoria Berlin, and Freiburg II are coming up.  The rest determined by playoff it seems.

25 minutes ago, Coma said:

Will the Regionalligas promote teams to the 3. Liga this year?  Everything I see indicates that they have played only half the season.

edit: Nevermind, I see RW Essen, Viktoria Berlin, and Freiburg II are coming up.  The rest determined by playoff it seems.

Viktoria Berlin are coming up, Freiburg and more so Essen are in doubt, since it's not safe they will be league winners with 5 more matches to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Lok Leipzig have won the Sachsenpokal against Chemnitz today and therefore qualified for DFB-Pokal for the first time since they were re-founded in 2003 :)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived