talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus Wins 2016/17 Serie A Season

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Juve. Sure I find domination in any sport or sporting event to be boring, but to win one of the 4 strongest leagues on the planet 6 times in a row is a fantastic achievement, not to mention winning 3 consecutive domestic doubles. 

Hopefully they can go one better this season and make it a treble. 

A huge congratulations to Juve, fully deserved as they are far and away the best team in Italy! Actually, in my opinion right now they are the best in Europe.

All the best to them as they go for the treble on June 3rd! 

Juve are like Bayern, just in a league of their own when it comes down to it domestically. It's crazy to realize that they have won scudetto almost as many times as Inter and AC combined.

35 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Juve are like Bayern, just in a league of their own when it comes down to it domestically. It's crazy to realize that they have won scudetto almost as many times as Inter and AC combined.

Yet have never won the treble and are behind both AC and Inter in Champions League Trophies.

20 hours ago, ATL said:

This is their 6th scudetto in a row, making the total count:

Juventus - 35
Milan - 18
Inter Milan - 18
Genoa - 9

Domination.

Just as a matter of interest you count Juve's 2005 and 2006 titles then, even though Inter were officially awarded the 2006 Scudetto? 

Anywhere their domestic domination over the last 6 years and historically is incredible. 

It is quite funny to think that they have won so many more Serie A titles than Milan or Inter, but fewer European Cups, and that it's 7-2 to Milan in terms of European Cups/Champions Leagues. Milan won more European Cups in 6 seasons from 1989-1994 than Juve have won in their entire history. 

Of course I hope that they finally win that long-awaited 3rd Champions League title in a couple of weeks. 

Juventus took hold of their own destiny years back when they identified the problem with Italian football in general.  The fact most clubs never owned their own stadiums, the fact most of their clubs had failed to address the transition clubs in other leagues around them had begun to make many years back.  Juventus is about 10 years ahead of every other Italian club and now they are reaping the benefits.  Other clubs like Inter or AC Milan have tried to do this extensive work in quicktime by letting themselves be taken over...  Takeovers are obviously nothing new and other big clubs around Europe have been inflicted with this.  The problem is in the manner it's been done at those two clubs which smells like the way Valencia CF have done it in Spain where it's become a farce.  Two massive institutions like the two Milan clubs looking like a joke to be honest.  There is no way in hell they're going to catch Juve up properly any time soon...  Yeah, they may invest tons of cash and get impact results on an odd season, but it's not a natural transition.  Roma for example seem to be growing in a more homogeneous manner compared to those other two and even though their historical power compared to that of the club from Turin may never be as such, they look to be becoming more competitive without going mental.  Look at the way AS Roma have addressed the technical side of their boradroom by employing one of the most wanted men in world football...  Monchi from Sevilla!  He works in those surroundings where it's not a "punch finance" football club.

Yes, Juve have made a few great decisions as of late, with the stadium situation and lack of turnover, but Roma and Lazio are improving, and I do believe a load of cash is about to be invested in Inter which will hopefully see them rise again to the top.

14 minutes ago, ATL said:

Yes, Juve have made a few great decisions as of late, with the stadium situation and lack of turnover, but Roma and Lazio are improving, and I do believe a load of cash is about to be invested in Inter which will hopefully see them rise again to the top.

I mentioned that in my post mate about takeovers and money. It's not the natural manner in which to do it and it doesn't function as well. Juventus have stayed true to their traditions and grown by using them slowly. Clubs like Inter and Milan due to not addressing the problems years back are now trying to catch up the easy way. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I mentioned that in my post mate about takeovers and money. It's not the natural manner in which to do it and it doesn't function as well. Juventus have stayed true to their traditions and grown by using them slowly. Clubs like Inter and Milan due to not addressing the problems years back are now trying to catch up the easy way. 

I definitely agree with that. As much as San Siro is a fortress, it's too big and needs work. I have been an adovcate of Inter leaving the San Siro and building our own stadium that holds 50-60k.

Archived