• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Club World Cup 2020

football forum

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ulsan Hyundai score the first goal of the tournament against Tigres. Game is far from over and the Korean league is always competitive, but I do wonder what happens to the Liga MX sides when it comes to playing on the big stage.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Had no idea Gignac was still going. 

He's been having one of his best seasons since he came to Mexico in my opinion. Really showing up in big moments.

1-1 now. Tigres been the better side but not by a lot in my opinion.

I am going to miss the Club World Cup in this format. What used to be a very close match between the Europeans and South Americans back in the last millennia as part of the intercontinental cup, before South America dropped off in standard in the 90's, the format change was necessary to even it out + add the other continents and make them relevant, or feel relevant rather.

This new format that is going to be adopted will suck. Every 4 years just so we can have another few European teams dominate. If this was last millennia it could have worked as South America could win themselves, but the standards are just so far apart now that I don't think it will work.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It is so irresponsible that this is competition is being held during a pandemic.

Yeah is a bit stupid actually. Personally I think they should have just scrapped European and international football till it was sorted. There is more than enough money at the top to survive

Archived