Barcelona vs Villarreal, 20.00

Monday 28th September, 2020
Cadiz vs Sevilla, 20.00

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Barça looks good. Fati MOTM so far.

On the other hand, Villarreal has been atrocious. They have good players, Emery has to get a lot more from this squad.

Alba, Sergi Roberto, Pique and Busquets were all very good. Maybe I was wrong about them being finished and maybe it's been more about who they have been playing under.

Still though, as well as Sergi Roberto did, a new right back is certainly needed as he's not a natural right back and he doesn't play like that all the time. Handy squad player but not someone who should be starting every week.

Fati was great. I can't believe he's only 17 and the maturity he is showing compared to this time last year is incredible. Anyone would think he was 20-21. The problem with young players is that they can be worked out early in their careers if they show too much too soon, or sometimes they can obviously end up plagued by injuries. But all the signs are there that this lad can be a big star for the club in the future. The biggest problem for me is that he has Mendes as his agent. I'm always weary of players with him as their agent, although it could be worse and he could have Riola.

Also Coutinho was very good and if he plays in his proper position, he can actually be an important player. I always did say that Valverde held him back.

Griezmann is still the biggest weakness for me. If Barcelona had a young number 9, then this team could be scary. Add to that another defender and midfielder for depth and a young right back and that would actually be a quality side with a nice balance of experienced players and then youth to rejuvenate the side. Good signs last night, but then it is early, Villarreal also didn't play very well, but there was much more intensity from this side in that game than what we have been seeing in recent years.

Looks like a right back is on his way either way according to Marca:-

10:25 La llegada de Dest a Barcelona está a caer. El lateral estadounidense está preparado para ponerse a las órdenes de Koeman, y la negociación entre FC Barcelona y Ajax está pendiente de pequeños detalles. Según Fabrizio Romano, el club holandés se llevará entre 22 y 23 millones de euros fijos, y la firma del jugador durará hasta 2025.

• The title was changed to La Liga 2020/21 - Week 3 Fixtures - 25-28th September, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived