Port Vale vs Harrogate
Salford vs Forest Green
Scunthorpe vs Carlisle
Southend vs Morecambe
Walsall vs Leyton Orient

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough test against Millwall, always a tough team to play against and I could be wrong but I believe they’ve made a decent signing or two this Summer

If we want to prove ourselves as title contenders then we need to hit the ground running in the league

Torn between us starting Forss or Toney, Toney is more of the complete striker and obviously cost us 9m. Forss on loan to Wimbledon last season scored 11 goals in 19 games, he’s already scored one in the league for us and once in the Carabao Cup. I’d lean towards starting Toney just because a striker of that quality always needs to start but Forss is starting to put in a shout to get more game time

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Tough test against Millwall, always a tough team to play against and I could be wrong but I believe they’ve made a decent signing or two this Summer

If we want to prove ourselves as title contenders then we need to hit the ground running in the league

Torn between us starting Forss or Toney, Toney is more of the complete striker and obviously cost us 9m. Forss on loan to Wimbledon last season scored 11 goals in 19 games, he’s already scored one in the league for us and once in the Carabao Cup. I’d lean towards starting Toney just because a striker of that quality always needs to start but Forss is starting to put in a shout to get more game time

Millwall recently are notoriously hard to score against. Has Toney scored for you guys yet? If you're using last season stats then surely by comparison Toney is better? 25 goals last season?

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Millwall recently are notoriously hard to score against. Has Toney scored for you guys yet? If you're using last season stats then surely by comparison Toney is better? 25 goals last season?

Oh yeah Toney seems to be the better player not denying that, I was just using Forss’ stats to show that he’s decent as people are less likely to know of him

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

The what now

Basically accused our fans of racist chanting via tannoy at the Madejski in an FA Cup game last season, despite the allegations coming out as being anti-Welsh/anti-english, which basically happens in every match (in other words, not around racism). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51282516

The fact that Reading offered an apology says it all really. 

Yep, Red all day. But that will continually be missed in the Championship.

Three straight defeats, no goals scored. Goals were an issue last year. Lamouchi is too negative for me.

And losing to Huddersfield is not a good sign.

• Subscriber

Forest usually win the league in August. Therefore given there was no fixtures in August they were always likely screwed this year.

Them and Derby 5 games between them, 0 points, 1 goal xD keep up the good work. Forever the entertainers.

Early days but from what I see so far, Lamouchi and Cocu will be feeling the heat soon. The only thing stopping them being rock bottom is a struggling Wycombe side and a Wednesday team that's given everyone a headstart. Norwich and Bristol City next week for both, could get very poisonous at both clubs soon after those games.

Swansea have started well, but then again they did this last year then fell away in the middle. Look solid defensively mind. I still maintain they need another forward for a Top 2 push.

The confidence running through Blackburn at the moment is very high. Lost a topsy turvy game with Bournemouth 3-2 but have followed that up with two huge wins.

Fair play to Mowbray, he seems to have a good blend of youth and experience in that team. Be interesting to see if its just a flash in the pan or more.

Millwall with a very credible draw against Brentford. Honestly, said in the pre season predictions they were my dark horse and I can see them gatecrashing Top 6 for sure. Tough to beat.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived