talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

It's Always Sunny in... Wrexham

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh...the absolute last thing any club should want, let alone one that is ran by a Fans Trust. They apparently were after Hartlepool last month but that fell through so they’ve turned their attention to Wrexham, with the intentions of making them into a TV programme. 

The last thing any club should have done to it is become is for it to become a play thing for a megalomaniac. It’s heartbreaking and as the club bundles along, becoming more and more unsustainable and wrecked by the puppet master pulling the strings, it feels less and less like the club you know and loved and eventually you become quite apathetic to the club and ultimately lost interest altogether. Or at least, that’s my experiences. 

• 1 month later...

Thing about this is that both Ryan Reynolds & Rob McElhenny seem like really sound, decent blokes. I can’t see them coming in and making a mess of it, I think they genuinely want to do something good for the club. It’s a bit random, but I’d say this is better than some random greedy British prick running them into the ground. 

Can’t imagine ever deciding to vote to take the club I supported away from being fan owned to anyone let alone some Hollywood actors with no discernible link to the team, the town or let alone the country. But hey, I can’t imagine their presentation to be cheaply knocked up on PowerPoint. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived