talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Playstation 5

football forum

• Administrator

I need to buy two, one for the boy and a digital only for myself as I don't use discs or intend to ever buy discs again. Can I get a pre-order anywhere? Can I fuck. I've been checking the site below (sorry, mostly UK only I think) and nothing doing so far. Any suggestions good people?

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Batard said:

I need to buy two, one for the boy and a digital only for myself as I don't use discs or intend to ever buy discs again. Can I get a pre-order anywhere? Can I fuck. I've been checking the site below (sorry, mostly UK only I think) and nothing doing so far. Any suggestions good people?

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

The whole pre-order scene got bot-attacked recently so its near impossible to get one easily. I am scouting around Hong Kong sites to get an order in but I guess we'll have to wait.

Apparently preorders for both the new Xboxes and the PS5 were only available for an incredibly short window of time. I think as @Mel81x said... it's the bots. If you go on ebay or any sort of 3rd party selling site, you'll see what scalpers are trying to charge for these now.

Pretty fucking annoying. No idea what Sony's distribution is like, but Microsoft says it'll be around November when new units are available.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently preorders for both the new Xboxes and the PS5 were only available for an incredibly short window of time. I think as @Mel81x said... it's the bots. If you go on ebay or any sort of 3rd party selling site, you'll see what scalpers are trying to charge for these now.

Pretty fucking annoying. No idea what Sony's distribution is like, but Microsoft says it'll be around November when new units are available.

Sony is struggling and if this first batch sells the next one we'll see is around Xmas and then new year. Not too worried though, I doubt anyone is buying the scalped stuff and will just wait for Sony to do a better release. Plus, the consoles for Asia don't start coming into pre-order until around the first week of November so thats okay.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I’m getting the digital only version too.. I don’t plan on owning any discs.

But I haven’t had any luck thus far. Going to be have to be on the ball on the 19th!

I sold my PS4 a couple of weeks ago in preparation for the PS5 xD thought I’d get a decent price before it drops when the PS5 comes out. 

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’m getting the digital only version too.. I don’t plan on owning any discs.

But I haven’t had any luck thus far. Going to be have to be on the ball on the 19th!

I sold my PS4 a couple of weeks ago in preparation for the PS5 xD thought I’d get a decent price before it drops when the PS5 comes out. 

Not a bad idea, especially as PS5 can run them (even better as well apparently). 

I'll likely wait until the new year as I'm not sure whether to go for PS5, Xbox Series X or even both. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Always going to happen unfortunately. 

I don't get it, at all. How can you not meet the public demand? Is it all some ploy to make people want them more because they're not available? Hmm

Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

I don't get it, at all. How can you not meet the public demand? Is it all some ploy to make people want them more because they're not available? Hmm

Probably public demand more. Both Xbox Series and PS5 are pretty much sold out and being snapped up. Couple that with the pandemic as well which won't help. PS4 was the same and most likely with others as well. 

For the latter, Nintendo have a habit of doing that unfortunately, the most current example being around Mario All Stars 35, where they've even said that limited physical stock is available. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Probably public demand more. Both Xbox Series and PS5 are pretty much sold out and being snapped up. Couple that with the pandemic as well which won't help. PS4 was the same and most likely with others as well. 

For the latter, Nintendo have a habit of doing that unfortunately, the most current example being around Mario All Stars 35, where they've even said that limited physical stock is available. 

I just want a PS5. :(

Why is everyone so selfish! ¬¬

3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I just want a PS5. :(

Why is everyone so selfish! ¬¬

The preodrers for both were apparently a shambles as well. My mate has one being delivered to him, so is one of the lucky ones. 

Not that it helps but I'd just check different sites now and then. When the PS4 was pretty much sold out, I got very lucky on Amazon a week or so after launch day and got a bundle with Battlefield 4 and Killzone. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The preodrers for both were apparently a shambles as well. My mate has one being delivered to him, so is one of the lucky ones. 

Not that it helps but I'd just check different sites now and then. When the PS4 was pretty much sold out, I got very lucky on Amazon a week or so after launch day and got a bundle with Battlefield 4 and Killzone. 

Yeah i wont stop checking. I'll even be tempted to pay extra off ebay. 

My cousin in Scotland pre ordered his last month from Game, and a couple of days ago he booked a hotel in Livingston(away from where he lives) as they were doing a midnight launch apparently. xD

24 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah i wont stop checking. I'll even be tempted to pay extra off ebay. 

My cousin in Scotland pre ordered his last month from Game, and a couple of days ago he booked a hotel in Livingston(away from where he lives) as they were doing a midnight launch apparently. xD

Sad fuck. :ph34r:

Only ever done a midnight launch once, for Red Dead Redemption 2. Got chatting - not voluntarily - to some guy next to me in the queue, looked like a reasonable lad but turned out he was pretty much addicted to drugs and all sort of weird shit on the sly, and had cleared out his bank account to get the £100 or so required for one of the Special Editions if RDR2. I turned down his offer of a lift home!

I haven't owned a console since the PS3 came out whenever that was. I had four games for it and that was it, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War and one of the Assassins Creeds.

Then...just stopped playing it.

Nothing as serious as you guys about gaming and I don't know whether its lockdown or not, but I've been giving serious thought to buying a PS5 lately.

Maybe in the new year though when some of you guys (finally) have yours and I can read your reviews on it. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I haven't owned a console since the PS3 came out whenever that was. I had four games for it and that was it, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War and one of the Assassins Creeds.

Then...just stopped playing it.

Nothing as serious as you guys about gaming and I don't know whether its lockdown or not, but I've been giving serious thought to buying a PS5 lately.

Maybe in the new year though when some of you guys (finally) have yours and I can read your reviews on it. 

Get one mate! We can get some sort of forum gaming competition or just gaming sessions going. Like the old old old old old old days and when we  had the fifa tournaments and  yours truly was the fifa king. 

I’ve had a console since I was as young as I remember. Bloody love gaming. They might be expensive but like the digital only version is 350 for 5-10 years worth of entertainment.

Some good games you named btw, Assassins Creed are some of my favourite games of all time. 

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Get one mate! We can get some sort of forum gaming competition or just gaming sessions going. Like the old old old old old old days and when we  had the fifa tournaments and  yours truly was the fifa king. 

I’ve had a console since I was as young as I remember. Bloody love gaming. They might be expensive but like the digital only version is 350 for 5-10 years worth of entertainment.

Some good games you named btw, Assassins Creed are some of my favourite games of all time. 

What made you choose to go the Digital route? I take it you wouldn't use the disc drive at all? Don't you lose a bit of flexibility not having discs? (As in limited storage)

Are the games cheaper on Digital if you don't have a disc too?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

What made you choose to go the Digital route? I take it you wouldn't use the disc drive at all? Don't you lose a bit of flexibility not having discs? (As in limited storage)

Are the games cheaper on Digital if you don't have a disc too?

Games generally aren’t cheaper, no. But....sometimes they are there are always lots of deals on the PS store and I just couldn’t be bothered with discs any more. Probably the reason I’ll be getting the digital version of the PS5.

You do lose flexibility with memory, but they’re easy to download from the library. You can also buy external storage if wanted.

I've bought a gaming PC instead of going down the console route this time.

The majority of the games I play are crossplay anyway so I'm not gonna miss out on playing with people on consoles. I prefer mouse and keyboard too.

Archived