talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 2-3 Man Utd - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Rick said:

I saw a utd pen in the 99th minute. Is it as predictably farcical as I assume? Am I hearing right that a penalty was awarded AFTER the final whistle? Was the full time blown for before Maupay handballed it? If it was then fuck me that’s new levels of cheating. 

Yep. It is a penalty, but to blow for full time and then give it sets a very dodgy precedent.

I think you could watch football for years and never see a luckier win than that earlier.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think the main controversy is whether or not you can blow the full time whistle and then change your mind. Justice was done if it was a definite penalty. But there's enough mad rules in football like you can't appeal a second yellow card that resulted in a red that it feels like blowing the final whistle might override VAR but clearly not.

They haven't got a clue anyway. The handling of VAR and the constant rule changes are akin to the governments handling of COVID - contradictions all over the shop and really the constant changes just proving how clueless those making the decisions are. At least the government's situation is a bit unprecedented, no excuse for the levels of ineptness from footballs governing bodies.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fella on the radio kept talking about how unlucky Brighton were because they hit the post 5 times. Is it just me or is that not luck but bad finishing? It sounds like Brighton should have got something from the game but the fact they didn’t is their own fault and not some outside force.

To me it's more Manchester United being lucky than the other way round, Brighton only have themselves to blame, it wasn't even just hitting the post it was the amount of times they were smashing decent chances over the bar as well. Solly March the main culprit. Wan-Bissaka was absolutely dreadful today.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Dan said:

To me it's more Manchester United being lucky than the other way round, Brighton only have themselves to blame, it wasn't even just hitting the post it was the amount of times they were smashing decent chances over the bar as well. Solly March the main culprit. Wan-Bissaka was absolutely dreadful today.

It can be a team is just shit at finishing regardless of opposition :what:

• Subscriber

Hold on, you've turned this, I said you got lucky that they kept missing chances - I initially said it wasn't Brighton being unlucky as it's their own fault, but you got fortunate that they kept missing chances that they should've scored, which is the truth. I'd be horrified with that defending.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Hold on, you've turned this, I said you got lucky that they kept missing chances - I initially said it wasn't Brighton being unlucky as it's their own fault, but you got fortunate that they kept missing chances that they should've scored, which is the truth. I'd be horrified with that defending.

How’s that turning it? AD said Brighton weren’t unlucky as the media suggests and you said it’s more United being lucky. So what you’re saying is that every team this season will be unlucky if the opposition is shite, but they can’t score? Not having that. Never said it wasn’t horrible defending either. We are fucking shite. Brighton weren’t unlucky though. Hitting the post or bar is a shot off target. I said it years ago when Liverpool hit the woodwork a record number of times. A team isn’t lucky if the opposition can’t finish a Sunday dinner.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How’s that turning it? AD said Brighton weren’t unlucky as the media suggests and you said it’s more United being lucky. So what you’re saying is that every team this season will be unlucky if the opposition is shite, but they can’t score? Not having that. Never said it wasn’t horrible defending either. We are fucking shite. Brighton weren’t unlucky though. Hitting the post or bar is a shot off target. I said it years ago when Liverpool hit the woodwork a record number of times. A team isn’t lucky if the opposition can’t finish a Sunday dinner.

Personally completely disagree if you've allowed them that many chances. Brighton's finishing was pitiful. Solskjaer himself even said you'd got away with one. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day, you won the game, it would just concern me going forward, that result did neither side any favours as it means Solskjaer's probably saved himself. I really think if that had ended in a comfortable loss, which it could've done, he'd be in real trouble.

If a team missed that many chances against us, I would think we were lucky to win, personally.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Personally completely disagree if you've allowed them that many chances. Brighton's finishing was pitiful. Solskjaer himself even said you'd got away with one. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day, you won the game, it would just concern me going forward, that result did neither side any favours as it means Solskjaer's probably saved himself. I really think if that had ended in a comfortable loss, which it could've done, he'd be in real trouble.

If a team missed that many chances against us, I would think we were lucky to win, personally.

Mate, I quite clearly said I was gutted we won. I’ve no idea why the media is being briefed about signing Sancho when we clearly need a CB and probably a new RB as it’s clear the Wan Bissaka experiment has failed. I don’t even know what the lad offers except last ditch tackles (usually due to him being out of position in the first place). Shaw is fine when supported, Pogba brings absolutely nothing to the table and Martial is too inconsistent to ever be considered world class. The team is a mess and I’m unsure anyone else would do any better. Solksjaer isn’t a tactical genius by any stretch, but there’s a cancer at this club that goes far beyond him. 

• Subscriber

I was out and only got the score when I got in, reading all the posts in here I will only watch the match and think Ole's United got away with it by the skin of his old fella and I gather Pogba played shite again, I wonder where our resident Sweedish newbie United supporter is who predicted United winning 4-0 with Rojo & Telles in his recommended side, I gather if he posts him and @DeadLinesman will have a nice little debate about the game. :whistling: xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, I quite clearly said I was gutted we won. I’ve no idea why the media is being briefed about signing Sancho when we clearly need a CB and probably a new RB as it’s clear the Wan Bissaka experiment has failed. I don’t even know what the lad offers except last ditch tackles (usually due to him being out of position in the first place). Shaw is fine when supported, Pogba brings absolutely nothing to the table and Martial is too inconsistent to ever be considered world class. The team is a mess and I’m unsure anyone else would do any better. Solksjaer isn’t a tactical genius by any stretch, but there’s a cancer at this club that goes far beyond him. 

Solskjaer isn't the main problem but he's only in this job because he's too out of his depth to question the hierarchy. I've said it many a time though your fans aren't anti-Glazer enough.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Martial is too inconsistent to ever be considered world class. 

He reminds me of Berbatov, puts 2 good games in then disappears for the next 3, as for Pogba, I have said all along get rid of the waste of space, it seems he must be Ole's soul partner or Ole is scared shit of dropping the waste of space, can't say I am looking forward to seeing the highlights.

41 minutes ago, The Fans said:

11:30 called. It wants it team sheet back.

44 minutes ago, Dan said:

Solskjaer isn't the main problem but he's only in this job because he's too out of his depth to question the hierarchy. I've said it many a time though your fans aren't anti-Glazer enough.

United are too big for it to matter. They post a commercial tampon partnership on twitter and a million melts around the world lap it up whilst buying T-shirt’s, bedding and wallpaper. There’s very little the locals can do now. It’s too big to stop. Darcy Glazer (who’s never stepped foot in Old Trafford) can take a £14million loan against the club. What can the man on the street do about that? The actual fans that care? Liverpool were lucky that they weren’t a commercial juggernaut when Hicks and Gillet took over, otherwise they’d have been as fucked as us right now.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Brighton get relegated now just because Maupay’s such a dumb cunt

We just put a £40mill bid in.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think there is a HUGE difference between abject wastefulness and hitting the post 5 times man. The March one goes in on a wet day FFS

• The topic was unpinned

Archived