• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 2-3 Man Utd - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahah fuck off and die you set of over paid wank bangles.

Spot on.. just as I predicted, Brighton are a decent hard working side, they surprised me a bit when they played us 

Anyway, all this is proving is that without penalties to carry you over the line each game you lot are bang average... 

Ole at the wheel.

What can you say.  Quite embarrassing to be a United fan today.  Out played totally, Brighton extremely unlucky.  Every United fan shoukd go out and buy a lottery ticket today.

That penalty was legit though, what the Brughton player was thinking only heaven knows.

I saw a utd pen in the 99th minute. Is it as predictably farcical as I assume? Am I hearing right that a penalty was awarded AFTER the final whistle? Was the full time blown for before Maupay handballed it? If it was then fuck me that’s new levels of cheating. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I saw a utd pen in the 99th minute. Is it as predictably farcical as I assume? Am I hearing right that a penalty was awarded AFTER the final whistle? Was the full time blown for before Maupay handballed it? If it was then fuck me that’s new levels of cheating. 

This is what I could gather from TalkSPORT. Shame I couldn't watch the game. United were extremely poor and deserved to lose in all honesty.

• Subscriber

I think the main controversy is whether or not you can blow the full time whistle and then change your mind. Justice was done if it was a definite penalty. But there's enough mad rules in football like you can't appeal a second yellow card that resulted in a red that it feels like blowing the final whistle might override VAR but clearly not.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I think the main controversy is whether or not you can blow the full time whistle and then change your mind. Justice was done if it was a definite penalty. But there's enough mad rules in football like you can't appeal a second yellow card that resulted in a red that it feels like blowing the final whistle might override VAR but clearly not.

The main controversy is if he blew the whistle, then Maupay handled it. The game is over, the play doesn’t matter. Can’t set that precedent. 

I need that point cleared up because I have a really big problem if it’s played out like that. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

I’m sorry, but after the final whistle he handled it?? Wow.  

No, he handled the ball in the last minute, referee didn't see it, the ball was cleared and the referee blew for full time. Then VAR reviewed the incident and said it was handball and the referee "rescinded" the full time whistle, awarded the penalty, and Man Utd scored it.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

No, he handled the ball in the last minute, referee didn't see it, the ball was cleared and the referee blew for full time. Then VAR reviewed the incident and said it was handball and the referee "rescinded" the full time whistle, awarded the penalty, and Man Utd scored it.

Ahhhh that makes much more sense. I have no issue with that then. If it’s a clear handball then it’s fair enough. Brighton can only blame themselves. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived