Everton - 21

Last Meeting
08/02/2020 - Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace

Last Fixture
10/08/2019 - Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not often you can call this fixture a clash of two in form sides but that is exactly what it is. Both have had solid but perhaps unexpected starts that makes this an intriguing game.

Everton have looked a more attractive to watch than normal so far and I think they'll dictate the game on Saturday. They have the better players on the ball.

But Palace are not an easy team to break down when they set themselves up. Zaha is on fire playing out of position and Everton's defence is still suspect for me.

I think it'll be low scoring, possibly a 1-1 draw.

• Subscriber

If the Liverpool penalty against Leeds and the Palace one against Man Utd were handballs then so was that. Of course, anyone who cares about the integrity of the game shouldn't want any of the three to be awarded but if we're going to be consistent...

• Subscriber

And that one gets given. What's the difference? If the rule is that the arm/hand is in an unnatural position, then that isn't a penalty either, and nor was the Lindelof one last week or the Leeds one at Anfield on the first day.

1-2 anyway. And now the commentators are saying that it will be reviewed because Richarlison stopped in his run-up. Another stupid rule. Apparently that was technically okay.

Having rules on legal run-ups for penalties though xD.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

And that one gets given. What's the difference? If the rule is that the arm/hand is in an unnatural position, then that isn't a penalty either, and nor was the Lindelof one last week or the Leeds one at Anfield on the first day.

1-2 anyway. And now the commentators are saying that it will be reviewed because Richarlison stopped in his run-up. Another stupid rule. Apparently that was technically okay.

Having rules on legal run-ups for penalties though xD.

I get that tbh. When a player stops before they shoot it can totally throw the keeper off balance. A penalty is already enough in the favour of the taker, I think it’s correct to stop that.

Yea, can only concur, these kind of results must be really satisfying for Everton fans, especially after that 2nd half; grinding out these kind of games is a real sign of change in their approach and where the club is headed. Early doors though obviously, the new signings clicked so quickly.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Everything considered, this rule needs to be changed. You cannot give a penalty for that. 

Agreed, people make jokes about Penaltypool when they get that one against Leeds and everyone laughed at Man Utd last weekend when Palace got that penalty but all I could see was penalties like that getting given all season and undermining decent games.

Just wait until the title race or the top 4 race or the relegation scrap heats up and teams start getting smash and grab wins because of penalties like that one given today.

At least on the other one slightly earlier which Richarlison was appealing for the VAR showed some common sense and didn't give it.

• The topic was unpinned
On 26/09/2020 at 17:12, The Artful Dodger said:

Everything considered, this rule needs to be changed. You cannot give a penalty for that. 

I agree its shit. However hodson was talking shit as well. No point complaining it shouldn't have been a penalty because those are the new rules. Its shit but those are the rules. Dont think they will change it this season but hopefully they will next season.

Archived