talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 3-3 Chelsea - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth mentioning that Lampard almost killed the comeback by chucking Giroud on for Silva. Killed virtually all the momentum we had after the CHO goal and we were fortunate a chance fell to Tammy at the end. 

There's no way the players practiced that bizarre 3-2-5 formation in training. Some proper Football Manager stuff.  They looked lost. Again, in game management a thing that needs to be improved. 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Dan said:

Everything about West Brom so far points to relegation. You can't blow a 3-0 lead at home for god sake.

Both them and Fulham coming straight back up I can't be arsed with. Utter boredom. The only thing I hope comes out of it is that Scott Parker could probably make a decent fist of management.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

But you have an agenda or some shit like that

It's true. You're supposed to suck anyone who's scored lots of goals dick. 

I feel like the peasants of the general public, if Werners move goes wrong like I felt it would, will blame the Bundesliga being a FaRMeRs leAgUE. Which is wrong. There are several striker playing in the BuLi who would have elevated Chelsea, and some would have cost way less. This is more of a square peg round hole issue combined with the fact that Werner has consistently flattered to deceive across his career.  

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you want a true representation of how he does as a lone striker. Watch Germany's 2018 world cup games. All of them, all the way through. Enjoy his many highlights across over 250 minutes of football. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's true. You're supposed to suck anyone who's scored lots of goals dick. 

I feel like the peasants of the general public, if Werners move goes wrong like I felt it would, will blame the Bundesliga being a FaRMeRs leAgUE. Which is wrong. There are several striker playing in the BuLi who would have elevated Chelsea, and some would have cost way less. This is more of a square peg round hole issue combined with the fact that Werner has consistently flattered to deceive across his career.  

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you want a true representation of how he does as a lone striker. Watch Germany's 2018 world cup games. All of them, all the way through. Enjoy his many highlights across over 250 minutes of football. 

bruh i'm a Phil's bald head alcoholic and i can see that werner is an idiot that needs space to run into so he can smack the bastard ball haphazardly at goal. dunno why Lampard insists on possession football, that'd work in Spain but not England. Just set up the 4-4-2 and hoof it to Jiroo so he can flick it into space,  ez peezy 30 garbage goals a season for werner

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

So we dodged a bullet? :hh:

He'd have been a square peg in a square hole at Liverpool at the very least. A great rotation option IMO, capable of playing either side in Manes or Salahs position. You press high and attack with great pace, just like RB, with 3 goal scoring forwards, just like RB. The only 2 issues would have been his poor finishing under real pressure in big games and the price tag. If you were happy to spend 50 mil on a flexible rotation guy then it could have worked nicely. 

44 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He'd have been a square peg in a square hole at Liverpool at the very least. A great rotation option IMO, capable of playing either side in Manes or Salahs position. You press high and attack with great pace, just like RB, with 3 goal scoring forwards, just like RB. The only 2 issues would have been his poor finishing under real pressure in big games and the price tag. If you were happy to spend 50 mil on a flexible rotation guy then it could have worked nicely. 

So far the only issue with Werner is Lampard tinkering around with his tactics. He's won us two penalties and has probably been our best performer so far this season. His movement off the ball and his pace have already made a worldwide of difference up top. 

We still have 4 important players missing. 2 of which essentially make our attack. We still have no idea what this team and players are capable of, so to write us off completely after 3 games before we even get a chance to fully evaluate the team and manager,  is where I take issue. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived