talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 3-3 Chelsea - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Alonso's error was expected, but Silva's was surprising. Aside the individual errors, I don't see any improvement compared to last season against these types of teams that sit back and counter with their wing backs. 

That may have been the worst performance I've ever seen from Kante. 

Fuck knows what the shape is as well. Should have continued with the formation and system we had last season.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I genuinely wouldn't have Kante back here now you know. I think he's a shadow of what he was.

Although I do think he's a waste of time in any team that likes to keep the ball. In a low possession side like us under Ranieri and you under Conte he was absolutely perfect, and the best player in the world for it. In a team that dominates the ball, he's nothing too special.

Get him to Atletico.

4 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I’m not writing Silva off after two games but he’s made costly mistakes like that his whole career. He nearly did the same in the Barnsley game as well. Luiz always deflected some of the blame off him.

Yes, Thiago's been terrible today but it's a really small-simple size to pass any definitive judgements. 

I've been watching his games since Fluminense and I still think he's a world-class defender. 

Despite the age, he's still is in very good shape and despite what most think, Ligue 1 is one of the most challenging leagues from a physical standpoint. I think he will be fine in the long run. There is always risk that he falls off a cliff at his age, but I don't think it's the case.

Different league and different player, but the case of De Ligt last season comes to my mind. He was terrible in his first months at Serie A but he ended the season as one of Juventus' best players 

9 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Fuck knows what the shape is as well. Should have continued with the formation and system we had last season.

I've stated this countless of time. Shoehorning Kante into the team and taking Jorginho out of his regista role completely ruined what ever vision Lampard had for this team. 

It will probably end up being his demise. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Kante being a holding midfielder is the biggest myth in football. You totally take away his qualities. He's far better a bit further forward.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I have is that Kanté would work better with a strong defensive midfielder, a Matic type, that would free him to press high up the pitch. 

Feels like he and Jorginho both don't complement each other very well, the result is a weak midfield defending and too conservative with the ball.

26 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pulisic is a big miss, genuinely looked Hazard levels last year.

Best thing about our play for a good while has been wingers making things happen for us. Until Hudson-Odoi came on, we didn’t have anyone on the pitch who could beat a man. Werner shouldn’t be on the pitch if there’s another striker playing.

@The Liquidator gets a lot of stick on here but he’s right, Giroud should be starting most games for us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived