West Brom 3-3 Chelsea - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I assume rules must have been changed?

I've been told now they've changed it so that it's only a handball from the player who scores or assists, which I can actually see some logic behind. That wouldn't have counted last season.

Didn't think we'd come back at all but fair play to the lads. Under Sarri, this game would of ended 4 or 5-0. Matter of fact, I don't think even last season we'd come back from that.  Lampard still has a lot to prove these next few games, however. 

Also, I don't think there is any stretch of an exaggeration just how much Chilwell will help that left side. Aside the frequent mistakes Alonso makes, he doesn't exploit space. The amount of space that was given to Alonso tonight, even against Brighton and Liverpool, I thought Chilwell would of seriously done some harm.

Also another performance where it's evident we need a designated holding midfielder. Kante isn't it. 

Also, yeah ok, good comeback from Chelsea being 3-0 down, but let's be totally honest, it's still 2 points dropped for them.

West Brom are cannon fodder really. You should be never letting in 3 to them in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Also, yeah ok, good comeback from Chelsea but let's be honest, it's still 2 points dropped for them. West Brom are cannon fodder really 

I'll take this performance as something we can analyse further down, personally. 

On one hand, I don't think we would've come back last season or under Sarri. We had Alonso and Silva gift West Brom two goals, and we managed to comeback and score 3 goals in 45 minutes against tier one shitehouses. 

On the other hand, our attack still looks disjointed and there is still that gaping space in midfield for the opposition to exploit. 

But on the other, other hand, we still have Mendy, Chilwell, Pulisic, and Ziyech waiting to come back. 4 players who could undoubtedly make a immediate impact. 

These next run of games until United on the 24th will give us a better understanding personally. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived