talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 3-3 Chelsea - Saturday 26th September, 2020

football forum

I don't know Werner's purpose or role in the current system, the tactics are truly bizarre and don't make sense. He's more or less playing as an attacking midfielder at times, play him up front or don't play him at all. Our best attacking play for years now has relied on wingers that have a go and create space for others, Hudson-Odoi's entrance changed the game for us, not because he scored but because he was willing to dribble past people and occupy wide areas which in turn creates space for others around him. I know we have a lot of new signings but it looks as though our attacking play has regressed in a couple of weeks, there are too many players on top of each other and it's too congested. Sadly reminds me a bit of the old England teams, players being shoehorned in at the expense of any clear system or identity. 

Go back to the 4-3-3 and maybe change it up for certain games or situations. I don't care if the new signings were fantastic elsewhere, they still need to earn their place in the team. Why has Giroud been pushed out when he was one of our best players after lockdown? 

Mendy

Azpilicueta / James     Zouma    Silva    Chilwell 

Kanté

Havertz    Mount

Ziyech                     Giroud             Pulisic 

You know you don't have to worry about players getting enough game time as there's going to have to be more rotation this season, players could easily come in for us particularly in attacking areas and in defence but keeping the same system and style. The best football we played last season was for me after the restart, with Kanté at the base and Giroud up top.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I don't know Werner's purpose or role in the current system, the tactics are truly bizarre and don't make sense. He's more or less playing as an attacking midfielder at times, play him up front or don't play him at all. Our best attacking play for years now has relied on wingers that have a go and create space for others, Hudson-Odoi's entrance changed the game for us, not because he scored but because he was willing to dribble past people and occupy wide areas which in turn creates space for others around him. I know we have a lot of new signings but it looks as though our attacking play has regressed in a couple of weeks, there are too many players on top of each other and it's too congested. Sadly reminds me a bit of the old England teams, players being shoehorned in at the expense of any clear system or identity. 

Go back to the 4-3-3 and maybe change it up for certain games or situations. I don't care if the new signings were fantastic elsewhere, they still need to earn their place in the team. Why has Giroud been pushed out when he was one of our best players after lockdown? 

Mendy

Azpilicueta / James     Zouma    Silva    Chilwell 

Kanté

Havertz    Mount

Ziyech                     Giroud             Pulisic 

You know you don't have to worry about players getting enough game time as there's going to have to be more rotation this season, players could easily come in for us particularly in attacking areas and in defence but keeping the same system and style. The best football we played last season was for me after the restart, with Kanté at the base and Giroud up top.

Cos you bought too many players? :what:

34 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's lampards fault Werner was horrid for Germany and has had horrific finishing during his entire career? Okay. 

it's the english living in the german's heads rent free. everytime werner is on goal he has to block out pictures of lampard smoking a stogie after winning the CL

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

it's the english living in the german's heads rent free. everytime werner is on goal he has to block out pictures of lampard smoking a stogie after winning the CL

Every time I see Lampard I see a ball bouncing out of the German goal, a defiant referee and a bewildered expression. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Every time I see Lampard I see a ball bouncing out of the German goal, a defiant referee and a bewildered expression. 

Good world cup that, except for it being shit and spanish bore-ball winning

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Germany beat Spain and make the final, perfect world cup, no matter who wins. Unparalleled drama and action at that one. 

eh, Germany wins enough for my tastes, would have prefered australia wining gonna be honest

Just now, Spike said:

eh, Germany wins enough for my tastes, would have prefered australia wining gonna be honest

Netherlands then. I wish Australia lost every game LIKE THEY DESERVED. Ghana played them off the park and Serbia were the better team on the night as well. 

However, a record of W1 D2 L6 in their last 9 world cup games is still satisfying. 

Netherlands then. I wish Australia lost every game LIKE THEY DESERVED. Ghana played them off the park and Serbia were the better team on the night as well. 

However, a record of W1 D2 L6 in their last 9 world cup games is still satisfying. 

Yeah the Netherlaands I'm groovy with. You need to get over your culture cringe brosef, I'm starting to think the Australian Rugby Union team ran a train on your first girlfriend and you've been salty towards every national team since

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I think Chelsea will struggle for top four with a manager that clearly has no clue what hes doing. 

Id say Everton are a safer bet. 

I think there is a deeper problem my mate, I think Lampard does know what he is doing but is an idealist and/or stubborn about it so refuses to adapt from his template, just like andre villas-boas.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah the Netherlaands I'm groovy with. You need to get over your culture cringe brosef, I'm starting to think the Australian Rugby Union team ran a train on your first girlfriend and you've been salty towards every national team since

While I dislike the Australian rugby team I like them more than the football or cricket teams to be fair. My main issue with the Aussie rugby team is not enough fat guys too many guys who were born on a tiny pacific island who got their passport yesterday from a dodgy indian bloke slinging them on a corner. The fans culture around "running rugby is more cringe tbh"

While I dislike the Australian rugby team I like them more than the football or cricket teams to be fair. My main issue with the Aussie rugby team is not enough fat guys too many guys who were born on a tiny pacific island who got their passport yesterday from a dodgy indian bloke slinging them on a corner. The fans culture around "running rugby is more cringe tbh"

son with your personality, you'd hate whatever country's teams if you were from there. If you were actually German you'd probably be running around saying 'Yah, yah, I love mein Soccyroos.

I think a lot of Chelsea fans are fooled by Kovacic.

Apart from being easy on the eye with a couple of nice moments of close control and dribbles per game, he doesn’t do much else. Ok he can help us build up from the back but mainly that’s because he’s very comfortable on the ball but he spends most of the game passing sideways.

He’s an alright squad player but we can’t rely on him and Jorginho as much as we do. For me they give this odd balance to the midfield. For me the best balance we had last season was having Kanté holding and with two more progressive players in front like when we had Barkley and Mount playing there last season. I’m not saying that’s Kanté’s best position but i think he’s the best remedy or solution we have to that position at the moment as we’re crying out for a defensive midfielder. I’ve watched too many games of Kovavic and Jorginho now where I’ve come away wondering what they did to influence the game.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's true. You're supposed to suck anyone who's scored lots of goals dick. 

I feel like the peasants of the general public, if Werners move goes wrong like I felt it would, will blame the Bundesliga being a FaRMeRs leAgUE. Which is wrong. There are several striker playing in the BuLi who would have elevated Chelsea, and some would have cost way less. This is more of a square peg round hole issue combined with the fact that Werner has consistently flattered to deceive across his career.  

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you want a true representation of how he does as a lone striker. Watch Germany's 2018 world cup games. All of them, all the way through. Enjoy his many highlights across over 250 minutes of football. 

Who? Out of interest.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived