talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would You Sack Mourinho?

21 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Spent 200million and fucked it up so yes!  ..he's got a lot of prem experience so zero excuses, it's not like he was learning about the league or anything, his style doesn't work anymore, they should bin him

If united win the Europa league I would say they have achieved more than city who spent 180 million. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't have even appointed him and I am still adamant that he will rot the club to the core. A trophy here and there won't undo the long lasting effects he'll have on the club if he continues his tenure. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They shouldn't have even appointed him and I am still adamant that he will rot the club to the core. A trophy here and there won't undo the long lasting effects he'll have on the club if he continues his tenure. 

Yeah he left chelsea in a terrible state.  It will take them years to recover and challange for the title again

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah he left chelsea in a terrible state.  It will take them years to recover and challange for the title again

Wooooooosh

I'll make it simpler for you, he will guarantee you trophies but at a cost. Dull football, no youth integration, forcing attacking player to defend, tampering a club's image and reputation by the us.vs them mentality, and worst of all, the drama. Not to mention his 3rd season syndrome in which everything collapses. 

But hey ho, if the inevitable does happen, all United need to do is sign an Italian Manager to fix up the mess :coffee:

If you are firing him after one season you may as well fire Pep for their disappointing season. No manager is going to instantaneously turn things around for a club. Needs at least another year.

But I'm all for playing Devil's Advocate so let me ask you all this. Is Mourinho still a top manager in your opinion? Or are his ways to far in the past?

In reality he should be sacked if he doesn't beat Ajax, as he has had a very poor season, the football has been awful, the tactics he has used are what clubs with hardly any resources use against the big teams. The guy has been a joke in the media also.   Fan Man utd fans wanted Attacking football but also wanted Mourinho which made no sense at all.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If united win the Europa league I would say they have achieved more than city who spent 180 million. 

Besides Spurs, who have been massive bottlers in Europe recently, and who also had an actual league campaign unlike United, any other top-6 team would have got to the final with United's run. You can't fault City, Liverpool and Chelsea for not winning a trophy they weren't in this season.

Being knocked out by Rostov, Vigo, Saint-Etienne or Anderlecht would have been a humiliation. 

Besides winning the League Cup, he's done the bare minimum in every competition. 

10 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Besides Spurs, who have been massive bottlers in Europe recently, and who also had an actual league campaign unlike United, any other top-6 team would have got to the final with United's run. You can't fault City, Liverpool and Chelsea for not winning a trophy they weren't in this season.

Being knocked out by Rostov, Vigo, Saint-Etienne or Anderlecht would have been a humiliation. 

Besides winning the League Cup, he's done the bare minimum in every competition. 

But spending 200 million and have the most expensive player in the world a team should not be finishing 6th in any league! that is the real downfall, domestic Cup competitions aren't really seen as a success to clubs outside of England. They want to the league and the Champions League.   Mourhino himself has just been embarassing from his media experiences. 

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

That's just hyperthetical you don't know how other teams would have done. Anyway I didn't say he had done a great job I just said finishing 6th but winning 2 cups and getting in the champions league was better than finishing 3rd and winning nothing. 

Season wise a League Cup and a potential Europa league is decent, but not with the money spent this summer. However i wouldn't sack him, still if he doesn't challenge next summer or ends 5-6th again he should be off.

Archived