talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 0-1 Leeds - Sunday 27th September, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.00 (BST)

Live on BT Sport

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Sheff Utd - 29
Draws - 22
Leeds - 29

Last Meeting
16/03/2019 - Leeds 0-1 Sheff Utd

Last Fixture
01/12/2018 - Sheff Utd 0-1 Leeds

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although they haven't started great, this will be a tricky game for us.

Liverpool and Fulham were both open against us enough for us to exploit that. Blades won't be so much. They are naturally more defensive.

Both our games in the Championship two season's ago were 1-0 wins a piece and although we have had two 4-3's so far, I don't expect anything like that here.

I just wonder if we are going to catch them at the wrong time Sunday, especially as they have yet to score and we look far from solid at the moment.

• Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

Although they haven't started great, this will be a tricky game for us.

Liverpool and Fulham were both open against us enough for us to exploit that. Blades won't be so much. They are naturally more defensive.

Both our games in the Championship two season's ago were 1-0 wins a piece and although we have had two 4-3's so far, I don't expect anything like that here.

I just wonder if we are going to catch them at the wrong time Sunday, especially as they have yet to score and we look far from solid at the moment.

Big game for you to see where you are imo.

You lost the game you were expected to lose. You won the game you were expected to win. Think this one is the best indicator so far of where Leeds are

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Big game for you to see where you are imo.

You lost the game you were expected to lose. You won the game you were expected to win. Think this one is the best indicator so far of where Leeds are

Fair statement, I would agree. Don't think I'd be too disappointed with a point in truth because they were a solid outfit last year.

Be interesting to see how we cope against a side that will sit in and be more compact. We struggled against those last season.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Are Sheffield United in real trouble? They ran on fumes for most of last season. Brammal Lane is one of the best grounds in the country with the fans in it, a real weapon lost.

I said pre-season they were a dark horse to drop. Put them 16th I think but would be in and around. They have no quality at all.

That was a great win for us in what I thought was a really decent game.

They aren't the easiest to play. Quite solid and made it difficult for us man to man. That said, we still had nearly double the possession and more attempts, although they had the games best chance by far.

Really important we kept a clean sheet, thought we defended well today and the youngster Meslier was brilliant when called upon. The Lundstrum save was top drawer.

Chuffed for Bamford to make it 3 in 3. Not bad for a lad that's taken a fuck ton of flack whilst with us alone. First real glimpse of Rodrigo too and he looks like he's going to link up well.

I expected a draw today so we're two points up on what I thought at this stage.

A free hit next week against City which will be an attack fest so we'll see what occurs. Life is exceedingly good.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived