talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-1 Newcastle - Sunday 27th September, 2020

football forum

Tbh the issue is that VAR and football aren’t compatible, there is too wide a margin for error in football and VAR if anything has highlighted how many rules are broken throughout a game. Just doesn’t really occur in other sports where the rules match the game play.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's not the all-seeing, omnipotent, AI computer VAR though is it? It's the HUMAN PEOPLE who decided that they needed to make that rule. It's a nonsense. You can argue that VAR forced them to start checking whether players' armpit hair is offside or not but this rule on handballs is completely unnecessary. There's already been more farcical decisions this season three weekends in than you'd have in a full season when you had occasional inconsistency because the rule was more open to interpretation.

I honestly can't believe it still needs to be explained to people that humans make literally all the decisions and VAR itself is nothing more than the facility to view replays of incidents to correct mistakes. It really is that simple. Every shambles we've seen since VAR was introduced are the fault of human decision makers and their reactions to the new opportunities provided by the technology.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Im not the only one Stan so fuck off calling me out all the time. This is a forum and everyone is allowed an opinion. Just because you run the show, doesnt make you god. 

Fuck sake, millions of people around the country cant stand VAR. 

What's this running the show stuff you keep going back to xD

Calm down man. Why you getting so arsey about it all. Gonna threaten to leave again xD

I'm not saying you can't talk about it. Just saying you mention it a lot. Didn't say it was anything wrong xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Dont say that or Stan will call you out. He does me anyway?

Cos you always bang on about it and it's funny mentioning it all the time. Every. Single. Time. 

Just now, Stan said:

Cos you always bang on about it and it's funny mentioning it all the time. Every. Single. Time. 

Ok Stan, even if i do its fuck all to do with you at the end of the day. Go on the VAR thread and see who the most active posters are! I think youll find its not me. 

Everyone has an opinion on VAR and its now becoming the majority fucking hate it... 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok Stan, even if i do its fuck all to do with you at the end of the day. Go on the VAR thread and see who the most active posters are! I think youll find its not me. 

Everyone has an opinion on VAR and its now becoming the majority fucking hate it... 

Okay cheers VAR boss. I won't have an opinion any more. Sorry. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was you who started with the shit Stan. I gave my opinion and you came on and mocked me. 

Fucking grow up. 

Lol so rattled. All cos of VAR. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Lol so rattled. All cos of VAR. 

Not keep doing this with you Stan. Rattled? Its like you think im the only one who doesnt want VAR? You never call anyone else out though, even though there are plenty of people who regularly voice their opinion on it. Funny that? Put me on block will ya pal.

I feel for Dier, his arms were in a natural position because he was jumping. I feel like the rule now though is if your arms make the frame of your body bigger then it’s handball? In which case has nothing to do with VAR, just incompetent rule making

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not keep doing this with you Stan. Rattled? Its like you think im the only one who doesnt want VAR? You never call anyone else out though, even though there are plenty of people who regularly voice their opinion on it. Funny that? Put me on block will ya pal.

Nah. 

They voice their opinion in a sensible manner and don't always rely on it as an excuse for anything bad these days in the game. 

You don't seem to.

Anyway, have a good rest of the evening :91_thumbsup:

• The topic was unpinned
23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah. 

They voice their opinion in a sensible manner and don't always rely on it as an excuse for anything bad these days in the game. 

You don't seem to.

Anyway, have a good rest of the evening :91_thumbsup:

What did i say that wasnt sensible? Youre just making things up now. 

Archived