talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-5 Leicester City - Sunday 27th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City’s defence was shocking last season, I get bringing Ake in as a back up left side centre back. How do you explain relying on him to start with Stones and Otamendi? Laporte’s a sicknote, City need to invest in a decent defender or two

Selecting your defenders and goalkeeper using their ability with the ball as the main criterion is proving to be Guardiola´s downfall at City. 

Football is so dynamic that Mourinho and Pep both seem to be somewhat outdated in their approach. I still think Pep can turn it around but the clock is ticking, especially after the Lyon match, and I wouldn´t be surprised if City players are starting to doubt his skills.

• Subscriber

In Barnes, Vardy and Tielemans we have weapons who can hurt anybody. Castagne brilliant again. Mendy's had yet another very good game. The back three ended up working in the end because you've got to say they rarely actually got through us. A lot of the highlights will be on the stats but I don't remember them forcing many saves.

Man City's defence imploded on another level today. From the minute we scored they just absolutely crapped themselves.

Still struggling to process what the fuck I've just watched.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't know what just happened but I fucking love it xD

Like, what the hell? Seriously. 

We're the club of the extremes. Never forget it. Expecting us to be rational is unrealistic. We've always got something ridiculous around the corner.

Yeah...I did not see that coming.

5 goals at home to Leicester. A team that had 29% of the ball. Let that sink in.

Obviously City are not rock solid but that is a really ridiculous implosion. And from 1-0 up as well when they were in total control. Astonishing really. 

It was almost as if taking Fernandinho out for that young kid up front just totally over exposed them. Why did Pep do that?

Three penalties they have given away today. THREE. That is shocking discipline. Their heads just went.

It's only the 2nd game of the season and Pep is under immense pressure now. He's going to face questions left, right and centre, a window that closes in a week and injuries mounting. Is it fair to say this is a crisis? 

Without a doubt, this is the toughest point in his career right now.

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Probably! You shouldnt let your best players keep leaving :P

He’s never had a hattrick in the Premier League. 

He manages that tomorrow I may as well withdraw my previous comments on him much like yours on not wanting to win the premier league. :whistling:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived