Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

155.png      VS      1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Liverpool - 88
Draws - 63
Arsenal - 79

Last Meeting
29/08/2020 - Arsenal p1-1 Liverpool (Community Shield)

Last Fixture
30/10/2019 - Liverpool p5-5 Arsenal (EFL Cup)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Thiago starts. The last few matches against Arsenal have had us with a lot of the ball but with Arsenal soaking up our pressure and being clinical on the break. Someone like Thiago should be helpful in breaking down sides like that.

Yeah im hoping to see the team i posted above.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why? Adrian has been excellent as our back up keeper? 

He's made some big errors. Got away with it earlier in the season last season in the league but cost us in the Champions League. Wasn't great in the FA Cup at Chelsea either if I remember correctly. 

Back up keeper is a difficult position to fill though. There aren't many good keepers that will be willing to sit on the bench.

I do agree with him that if Alisson's injury issues were to become a regular problem we'd need a better back up keeper. Fine with Adrian playing in the domestic cups but you don't want him playing big league games or Champions League knockout games.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why? Adrian has been excellent as our back up keeper? 

I really don't think he has mate. He was poor in the Champions League game which led to our elimination, looked poor the other night against Lincoln, was poor against Chelsea when we got knocked out of the cup last year. I think we've got a 100% record in the league with him, but he caused plenty of hairy moments by doing something crazy which we somehow got away with.

We won something like 14 or 15 games by 1 goal last year, so if we have to put up the same sort of points total this season, we're likely to need a massive contribution from the goalkeeper again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived