talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal - Monday 28th September, 2020

football forum

21 hours ago, Rick said:

We should keep Karius as number 2. He’s better than Adrian. 

He’s just been loaned out btw. It’s his last year with us, so that’s basically his Liverpool career over.

I feel for him, but I didn’t think he’d ever play for us again after the CL final.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm surprised people don't compare Salah to Messi more often. I'm not putting him in the same tier (although one day, even if it's not until he's 40, we're going to have a conversation about whether someone has surpassed Messi on current ability which should be amusing but that's for another day) but they're really similar players in so many ways. I imagine it's because if you ever try and mention it legions of Messi fanboys will literally sacrifice you to their god because they'll take it as a slight when I'm actually comparing them stylistically, not on their ability.

2-1 now. That opening goal the worst thing that could have happened to Arsenal by the looks of it.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'm surprised people don't compare Salah to Messi more often. I'm not putting him in the same tier (although one day, even if it's not until he's 40, we're going to have a conversation about whether someone has surpassed Messi on current ability which should be amusing but that's for another day) but they're really similar players in so many ways. I imagine it's because if you ever try and mention it legions of Messi fanboys will literally sacrifice you to their god because they'll take it as a slight when I'm actually comparing them stylistically, not on their ability.

2-1 now. That opening goal the worst thing that could have happened to Arsenal by the looks of it.

The season he was on fire and couldn't stop scoring I think he was Messi-esque. He was creating opportunities, scoring goals and it was impossible to stop him. I remember him embarrassing Spurs defensive line with such fast-paced footwork it reminded me a lot of Messi.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived