talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Iconic Movie/Show Scenes

football forum

Obviously there are loads but I have to pick one that has stayed with me forever.

For me, I have never been able to erase the scary look on Cathy Bates face in Misery when Paul wakes up in the night, and the camera just pans to her face, staring at him menacingly during the thunder and lightening storm, just before she injects him. 

Literally gives me the willies how possessed she looks. Urgh.

Then when he wakes up, seemingly thinking all is well only to see a block of wood between his feet and him tied up.

As the haunting Piano music plays, you know something bad is going to happen.

And you're literally thinking 'No, don't do it, don't do it, don't do it...' but, you cannot look away. 

And then she does it. 

And you're like 'Fuccccccckkkkk'.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The end boat scenes in Cape fear with Robert De Niro as the deranged ex-con Max Cady & Nick Note his solicitor Sam Bowden Cady said had set him up for his prison sentence, Di Niro, in the end, the drowning scene was brilliant and it was like "Fuck...is Cady going to reappear again free from his shackles/..."

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Legendary scene.

Remember being shown this as a teen from my Dad. "Just watch  this scene and shut up asking questions" 

I thought they were going to let him off 🤣

• 2 months later...
On 24/09/2020 at 22:01, Eco said:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

That Fresh Prince scene is still one of the most emotional pieces of TV I've ever seen. Will Smith gets a lot of stick for his acting but the balance between goofy teenager and a human physically breaking down is hit on so many levels during that scene. Incredible piece of acting by him and the guy who played Uncle Phil. 

On 27/01/2021 at 12:36, MUFC said:

Iconic with an immense dialogue.

Watched this recently with my wife, I'd seen it several times over the years but it was her first time and she was blown away. 

Easily one of the best movies ever made. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil said:

Watched this recently with my wife, I'd seen it several times over the years but it was her first time and she was blown away. 

Easily one of the best movies ever made. 

Emotional music - 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Devil said:

That Fresh Prince scene is still one of the most emotional pieces of TV I've ever seen. Will Smith gets a lot of stick for his acting but the balance between goofy teenager and a human physically breaking down is hit on so many levels during that scene. Incredible piece of acting by him and the guy who played Uncle Phil. 

I felt like a lot of people could relate to it - whether they've been through it themselves or know someone close who might have experienced it. For a comedy show to portray something, not least for the main character, to be so deeply emotional & hard-hitting was superb.  

7 hours ago, nudge said:

I thought it was shite. 

I agree with this, thought it was total crap. I think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor, but he was a terrible joker in a terrible joker film.

In any case here are some iconic scenes:

Dirty Harry:

Rocky (yes, of course it's the training montage):

Wayne's World:

and one so iconic, I don't even need to post a video and I bet you can still hear it:

Image result for the hills are alive

Archived