talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Iconic Movie/Show Scenes

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really know where to start with the godfather. Sonny getting killed at the tollbooth? The horses head? Sonny beating the shit out of Carlo? Or the classic day of my daughter's wedding?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, nudge said:

If we're doing only images, then:

intro-1604535932.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-04-10-at-09.05.03.png?f

screen-shot-2019-07-24-at-1-29-59-pm-156

68031-paramount_home_ent.jpg?itok=3FXbCt

maxresdefault.jpg

Slim-Pickens-Riding-Bomb-in-Dr.-Strangel

I thought you had started a new picture game for a minute xD

Out of all of the photos, I could not remember Taxi Driver or Blade Runner and had to Google the pics. O.o

On 28/09/2020 at 19:39, Spike said:

That's one of the most shocking pieces of film I've ever seen that is. Honestly shocked at how brutal that scene was, I've literally just nearly brought up my breakfast it was that hard hitting. 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, nudge said:

This: 

...followed by this:

Genius.

The whole nostalgia thing in the 2nd part kinda hit me. There's this scene where Spud comes out of the boxing  gym, and he's on the street where he ran away from the Cops with Renton. And they did that genius montage flashback thing with melancholic music. I'm a sucker for Nostalgia. 

Here, the first clip is the one I mean:

Or when Renton goes back to his dad and lives in his old room again. Fantastic movie. Almost prefered the 2nd to the 1st. 😬

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The whole nostalgia thing in the 2nd part kinda hit me. There's this scene where Spud comes out of the boxing  gym, and he's on the street where he ran away from the Cops with Renton. And they did that genius montage flashback thing with melancholic music. I'm a sucker for Nostalgia. 

Here, the first clip is the one I mean:

Or when Renton goes back to his dad and lives in his old room again. Fantastic movie. Almost prefered the 2nd to the 1st. 😬

I was very positevely surprised by how good T2 was. I love both, the first one is more special to me as it was a sort of "coming of age" movie that perfectly captured the Zeitgeist of the 90s, it was magic at that time and is rightfully a cult classic. Morbid and dark, but oddly relatable, and you can see hope somewhere deep there in all the filth. That said, I probably wouldn't enjoy it if I watched it now for the first time - you have to be there, you have to be an adolescent/young adult back then to truly appreciate it - it's just like those books that you have to read by certain age, or otherwise the magic of them is lost forever.
T2, in the meantime, is completely different, and yet it felt as it was the best possible continuation - dealing with nostalgia and aging, a retrospective look at years gone by and one's choices in life. Hits closer to home at this point in life, probably:) 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hits closer to home at this point in life, probably:) 

Yea, I think that's it. 

There's also that scene where Sick Boy opens up his old pub again and the same old guy who was there every day is the first one to go in there. And Sick Boy just looks so fed up of the same old life again. xD Very relatable in many ways. 😬

• 1 month later...

Archived