talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Schalke Sack David Wagner

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new boss will be a no-hoper as nobody with any sense will take this lot of so-called players in hand - Only someone like Sam Allardyce will be able to whip some enthusiasm into them although Ibisevic had a go at half time - with very little result!  No doubt the brilliant gang upstairs already have someone in mind :dam:  Whoever it is will need to have a serious clear out before getting anywhere!

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

The new boss will be a no-hoper as nobody with any sense will take this lot of so-called players in hand - Only someone like Sam Allardyce will be able to whip some enthusiasm into them although Ibisevic had a go at half time - with very little result!  No doubt the brilliant gang upstairs already have someone in mind :dam:  Whoever it is will need to have a serious clear out before getting anywhere!

I can't believe Big Sam is still around coaching, but he'd be a great option for steering Schalke out of the drop zone. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I can't believe Big Sam is still around coaching, but he'd be a great option for steering Schalke out of the drop zone. 

Don't think so, if they're going to appoint a firefighter than someone already knowing the Buli is much more suited for that job. Especially as I'd guess Allardyce's German is as good as his Ki-Suaheli.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Don't think so, if they're going to appoint a firefighter than someone already knowing the Buli is much more suited for that job.

Which firefighter do you think is likely to take the job? Any favorites? 

11 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Don't think so, if they're going to appoint a firefighter than someone already knowing the Buli is much more suited for that job. Especially as I'd guess Allardyce's German is as good as his Ki-Suaheli.

There's a guy at Leeds who has an interpreter with him for interviews as his English is almost nil!  Doesn't stop him getting promotion and being 6th after 3 games -  the language is second or third to the ability and action9_9

Not sure Baum is the answer as his time at Augsburg resulted in less than 30% of his games won and he has only ever had success with youngsters - the older players at 04 will eat him up like they did to Tedesco and now DW - its needs a 'do what I say - or else' sort of manager.

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

There's a guy at Leeds who has an interpreter with him for interviews as his English is almost nil!  Doesn't stop him getting promotion and being 6th after 3 games -  the language is second or third to the ability and action9_9

Not sure Baum is the answer as his time at Augsburg resulted in less than 30% of his games won and he has only ever had success with youngsters - the older players at 04 will eat him up like they did to Tedesco and now DW - its needs a 'do what I say - or else' sort of manager.

I feel this sort of manager is outdated as their attitude doesn't fit with today's players everyday life experience. Although I smiled because that reads as if you were longing for Magath to come back.xD

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I feel this sort of manager is outdated as their attitude doesn't fit with today's players everyday life experience. Although I smiled because that reads as if you were longing for Magath to come back.xD

What would rule Magath out and rule others in is simply one word - from all players young or old, from the fans near or far and from the board to stay silent not interfere and let him get on with the job.  If the new guy has total respect from all then that will do nicely. - is Raul available?

Looks like nudge has got it right again - Herr Baum has left his National job with the youngsters which can really only mean one thing - I wonder if the decision to get Frederik Ronnow from Michael's lot was his idea?  Michael might want to fill us in on that one - apparently our young gk is going the other way and Ralf will be left to try and keep his place although it is well known that he is not the favourite with the men upstairs who have tried to off-load him a few times already.

58 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to German media it's official now, Manuel Baum is the new Schalke manager. A yummy bit for @SchalkeUK: his assistance coach will be Naldo.

You must have picked up my rant some time ago about the folly of letting him go when our defence was 95%him.  If he can sort that lot out then ----brilliant!

The board at 04 never fail to amaze me.  DW's time was always in doubt as they had mismanaged the finances and refused to support him when things were not good on the field and there were obvious problems which - with careful support - might have been solved.  How long they have been undermining him has been revealed in an interview with the new Coach.  here is a quote from the conversation:

I’m starting this job well informed, as I’ve been following Schalke’s progress, as well as other Bundesliga clubs’ in recent weeks and months. I also had several conversations before joining. As a result, I have been able to learn a lot about the team in a short space of time. We will work towards utilising the team’s strengths, which they definitely have. I am confident in the quality of the team and I’m looking forward to working together.

'Several conversation' with DW being removed only this week how long does it take to have several conversations?

Sorry DW - perhaps the decision was unavoidable, but now we know they were plotting behind your back it is not careful planning for the future - it is a betrayal of what 04 should really stand for - honesty and respect, and there does seem to be a lack of it somewhere.  No wonder nudge and some of the other guys on here are smiling at what is happening - I hope they are not facing a similar situation at their beloved cubs and will not have to watch as those in charge do their best to ruin the Club's reputation.

Sorry DW, but you are probably well out of this!

On 30/09/2020 at 13:32, SchalkeUK said:

Looks like nudge has got it right again - Herr Baum has left his National job with the youngsters which can really only mean one thing - I wonder if the decision to get Frederik Ronnow from Michael's lot was his idea?  Michael might want to fill us in on that one - apparently our young gk is going the other way and Ralf will be left to try and keep his place although it is well known that he is not the favourite with the men upstairs who have tried to off-load him a few times already.

Yes, Ronnow has gone on loan to Schalke, while Schubert has come on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt from Schalke. It's basically a straight loan swap from what I understand. But this deal essentially benefits Schalke much more in my opinion. Ronnow is actually a very good goalkeeper. He was excellent for Brondby before he joined Frankfurt and the only reason he has been warming the bench since he came to the Bundesliga is because the Eagles have a superb goalkeeper in Kevin Trapp.

Ronnow was desperate for first team football, because he wants to go to the European Championships next summer with Denmark. Had Ronnow not warmed the bench for Frankfurt over the past two seasons, he would have had many more international caps than the 7 international appearances he already has for Denmark. He's currently the 2nd best Danish goalkeeper behind Schmeichel, although at only 28(relatively still young for a goalkeeper), he has the potential to become even better in the future.

Frankfurt have essentially done him a favour by loaning him out, as he will definitely have more chance of being first choice at Schalke. Online it's being reported everywhere that Ronnow will try to battle it out with Fahrmann for a starting place in the Schalke team, but I can tell you now that Ronnow will be first choice for the rest of the season. He is a much better goalkeeper than Fahrmann and Schalke have done very well to sign him on loan for this season. 

As for Schubert, I can't say that I was overly impressed with his performances for Schalke last season. However, he is only 22 and he clearly has a lot of potential. But again, I think that Frankfurt have done both Ronnow and Schalke a favour with this loan swap. 

Archived