talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Klopp v Pep

I know im biased but here is my take...

In Germany Pep took over the dominant side, bought all the leagues best players. Klopp built a team and made Pep look like a cunt.

In England Pep took over the dominent club and outspent everyone in the league. Klopp meanwhile built a team and is yet again making Pep look like a cunt.

Who is the best manager?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every manager has their down days, Guardiola has won everything and done it several times, now we are questioning his ability? What is next? A thread about how Brian Clough was rubbish because his Forest was relegated? Guardiola is one of the hallmark managers of all time, he along with Luis Aragones revolutionised the sport and it's approach in the late 00s and early 10s. Klopp is a great manager but this argument is boring and pointless. Two fantastic managers, that have vastly different approaches to the game.

Klopp didn't win anything when they were both managing in Germany. And what does 'Klopp' built a side even mean? Let's not pretend he didn't break several transfer records for Liverpool for crying out loud.

This is generally a dumb argument full of dumb arguments.

Klopp is having a good spell at the moment, Pep isn’t. When it all goes tits up for Klopp at Liverpool like it did at Dortmund do we start the argument again and say Pep’s better than Klopp? This is just short term arguing

In Spain Pep took over a side that previously took 67 points in the league and went on to create a treble winning side who are arguably the best side to have ever been put together in his first season. But that doesn’t fit the Pep narrative of being a fraud etc etc

In Germany he also made history by being either the 1st or 2nd manager to win three league titles in a row.

Both managers offer different things, Klopp hasn’t proven himself at a club with big expectations and Pep hasn’t proven himself at a club with low expectations

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Every manager has their down days, Guardiola has won everything and done it several times, now we are questioning his ability? What is next? A thread about how Brian Clough was rubbish because his Forest was relegated? Guardiola is one of the hallmark managers of all time, he along with Luis Aragones revolutionised the sport and it's approach in the late 00s and early 10s. Klopp is a great manager but this argument is boring and pointless. Two fantastic managers, that have vastly different approaches to the game.

Klopp didn't win anything when they were both managing in Germany. And what does 'Klopp' built a side even mean? Let's not pretend he didn't break several transfer records for Liverpool for crying out loud.

Michael Edwards gets the recognition at Liverpool for the player sales...until it’s a Klopp debate, then it’s him coming up with the money

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is generally a dumb argument full of dumb arguments.

Klopp is having a good spell at the moment, Pep isn’t. When it all goes tits up for Klopp at Liverpool like it did at Dortmund do we start the argument again and say Pep’s better than Klopp? This is just short term arguing

In Spain Pep took over a side that previously took 67 points in the league and went on to create a treble winning side who are arguably the best side to have ever been put together in his first season. But that doesn’t fit the Pep narrative of being a fraud etc etc

In Germany he also made history by being either the 1st or 2nd manager to win three league titles in a row.

Both managers offer different things, Klopp hasn’t proven himself at a club with big expectations and Pep hasn’t proven himself at a club with low expectations

So Liverpool didnt have big expectations?

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Michael Edwards gets the recognition at Liverpool for the player sales...until it’s a Klopp debate, then it’s him coming up with the money

Klopp is a great manager, and what Liverpool has done is magnificent but I dislike how people act like what they've done is like the 'Lisbon Lions' and act as if they didn't spend more money and 99% of the clubs worldwide are worth.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Forgot the part where Klopp broke the record in buying a CB and GK and was basically made to look like a hypocrite from his previous comments when he spent money to challenge for the league. 

All paid for by the sale of Coutinho. Look at each clubs spending and tell me Pep hasnt had an advantage!

Just now, Spike said:

Klopp is a great manager, and what Liverpool has done is magnificent but I dislike how people act like what they've done is like the 'Lisbon Lions' and act as if they didn't spend more money and 99% of the clubs worldwide are worth.

Oh im not saying we havent spent money. Im just asking who people think is the best of the two, all things considered?

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Oh im not saying we havent spent money. Im just asking who people think is the best of the two, all things considered?

Depends what you want. Klopp would do a better job with the squad at Chelsea for instance, but at a club like United, or Tottenham with technical players, I think Guardiola would be the better manager.

All paid for by the sale of Coutinho. Look at each clubs spending and tell me Pep hasnt had an advantage!

We've had this discussion before.

But we aren't talking about net spend. We are talking about spending to compete. Something Klopp has redacted after your spending spree in 2018 and those questioning his previous hypocritical statements. 

Just now, Spike said:

Depends what you want. Klopp would do a better job with the squad at Chelsea for instance, but at a club like United, or Tottenham with technical players, I think Guardiola would be the better manager.

Thats all irrelevant mate, a manager goes into a club and builds a team to suit his style etc. Pep has certainly had the advantage of funding whilst Klopp has probably outshone him on much limited funds. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Thats all irrelevant mate, a manager goes into a club and builds a team to suit his style etc. Pep has certainly had the advantage of funding whilst Klopp has probably outshone him on much limited funds. 

How is it irrelevant? You asked who is the better manager and I replied depends on what you want.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

They paid Inter £7.5m 

That isn't my question. Where did that £7.5 come from?

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We've had this discussion before.

But we aren't talking about net spend. We are talking about spending to compete. Something Klopp has redacted after your spending spree in 2018 and those questioning his previous hypocritical statements. 

I dont know how people cant get their head around us selling well to buy well? Over the years we have consistently sold our best players. We just reinvested well this time after selling Coutinho etc. Look what City have spent compared to us, then look what we have won. 

Anyway, if tomorrow it came on the news that Klopp had gone to City and Pep come here... id be fucking gutted!

Instead of talking about money spent, why dont people just give there honest opinion on who they think is best?

Allison - 60m

Van Dijk - 75m

Salah - 40m

Keita - 50m

Fabinho - 40m

Ox - 35m

We've spend a shit ton. Klopp has had money to build this team, lets not pretend we are fucking Burnley. Michael Edwards has done an excellent job of offsetting a lot of that with the sale of players but Klopp has had investment. He's done amazing and I think he's better than Guardiola, but lets be honest with the facts. 

Guardiola is a massive cunt, albeit a supremely talented one.

This is just silly. Its not the purpose of the thread. 

How isn't this the purpose of this thread? You always make it a point to say that Liverpool reinvests which makes them better than ManCity, but where did the money that bought Coutinho come from? Was that also reinvestment? Or was that money from the owners.

I dont know how people cant get their head around us selling well to buy well? Over the years we have consistently sold our best players. We just reinvested well this time after selling Coutinho etc. Look what City have spent compared to us, then look what we have won. 

Anyway, if tomorrow it came on the news that Klopp had gone to City and Pep come here... id be fucking gutted!

Instead of talking about money spent, why dont people just give there honest opinion on who they think is best?

The argument of net spend is only relevant if the discussion is on which club actually operated the best. Managers can't control how funding is available for the club so its a silly argument to bring up if the argument at hand is which manager is the best. 

Personally, Klopp for me is the superior manager at this point in time. But I'm not going to beat around the bush and pretend he made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Both managers had a substantial amount of wealth at their disposal. Klopp spent a ton and broke a couple transfer records on the way to get where Liverpool are at. This argument is always humorous to me because it makes Klopp look like an absolute hypocrite given his previous comments back in 2017. 

Archived