talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [3. Spieltag] - 2-4th October, 2020

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Decent first half for us, but need to score another goal early in the 2nd half to put the game to bed. Bittencourt best man so far, with Mbom, Augustinsson and Friedl also pretty good. Little to none action from Füllkrug so far... Klaassen poor. 

Klassen has been poor, and Eggesteien has some at least 3 really poor passes, so he needs to shore that up. 

Overall good half for Bremen. Ariminia have only threaten once or twice, and neither of those really had me worried. This is the first time I've watched them, and I thought they were going to be more open than they have been considering they need to continue to pick up points and Bremen are not one of the stronger sides...but instead they have been rather negative, and maybe, just maybe, Bremen aren't as bad as some of us predicted. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Klassen has been poor, and Eggesteien has some at least 3 really poor passes, so he needs to shore that up. 

Overall good half for Bremen. Ariminia have only threaten once or twice, and neither of those really had me worried. This is the first time I've watched them, and I thought they were going to be more open than they have been considering they need to continue to pick up points and Bremen are not one of the stronger sides...but instead they have been rather negative, and maybe, just maybe, Bremen aren't as bad as some of us predicted. 

Eggestein has been very underwhelming or straightout poor for quite a while now... Looked very promising two seasons ago, but somehow seems to have devolved. 

We're doing alright, but still, there's way too few chances created. Decent defensively, pretty OK when in ball control, but the last pass and finish is simply not there. It might be enough against weaker opposition like Schalke or Arminia, but not against better teams. Either way, I'm glad we're leading, and hope we won't let 3 points slip. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Eggestein has been very underwhelming or straightout poor for quite a while now... Looked very promising two seasons ago, but somehow seems to have devolved. 

We're doing alright, but still, there's way too few chances created. Decent defensively, pretty OK when in ball control, but the last pass and finish is simply not there. It might be enough against weaker opposition like Schalke or Arminia, but not against better teams. Either way, I'm glad we're leading, and hope we won't let 3 points slip. 

I have also been very impressed with Mbom. Looks very good. 

Emre Can doubles Dortmund's lead. Reyna has been excellent again today for Dortmund.

Frankfurt equalise against Hoffenheim as Kamada taps in after the ball was put on a plate for him by Bas Dost.

Lars Stindl scores from a penalty to score Gladbach's 3rd goal against Koln.

Bremen wins 1-0. 

Arminia will be livid that they didn't get the goal to draw level. Ref is saying it's because of the open studs, but I still think that's harsh on them. 

I got a feeling that Arminia are going to be one of those pesky teams this year that will make teams work tirelessly to defeat them, so good for them and Bremen. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I think Arminia got screwed there. 

Bittencourt was MOTM. 

I would have never, ever given a foul for that, so I agree. Studs up or not, he went for the ball and it's not his fault Veljkovic was way too late there. Really harsh on Van der Hoorn and Bielefeld.

That said, those 3 points are massively important to us, so I won't pretend to not be happy about it. Still, we were way too passive in the 2nd half, and that's been a problem in recent years; every time we take the lead and then sit back and defend, only to concede late in the game. Something for Kohfeldt to sort out...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived