• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [3. Spieltag] - 2-4th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's good not to be in the relegation spotlight for a change, but I think that might not be the case after next two matches anymore xD 

I'm interested to see what you can do against Freiburg. A draw wouldn't completely shock me. 

Hoffenheim look good, though, so that will most certainly be difficult. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd say that you underrate the quality of Bielefeld players somewhat, as I see them as head and shoulders above last season's Paderborn, especially in terms of actually being capable of playing football. Ortega, Klos, Hartel, Prietl are all very solid players that I trust to perform at the Bundesliga level (Voglsammler too, but he's out injured for quite a while), the likes of Edmundsson, Gebauer, Schiplock are not bad backup options either, and they also managed to get in some attacking players with exciting potential like Doan and Cordova on loan. Their defence might not look impressive on paper, but it's still worth noting that they barely conceded last season in 2. Liga and managed to keep the core of the back four intact. I could definitely see Bielefeld pulling a Union this season and finishing up higher than expected and avoiding relegation, especially if they strengthen their midfield with one more defensively-minded player as they intended to.

Maybe, but we both predicted them to finish last, and I've been surprised with how well they appear to play together as a unit, but still think they will struggle to stay afloat (unless Koln, Schalke, and Mainz continue to shit the bed). 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm interested to see what you can do against Freiburg. A draw wouldn't completely shock me. 

Hoffenheim look good, though, so that will most certainly be difficult. 

We took 4 pts against Freiburg last season, so it's not that it's impossible, but I think our weaknesses will be exposed again against a stronger opposition than Schalke or Arminia. As for Hoffenheim, Kramaric will likely score at least 3 goals against us...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Maybe, but we both predicted them to finish last, and I've been surprised with how well they appear to play together as a unit, but still think they will struggle to stay afloat (unless Koln, Schalke, and Mainz continue to shit the bed). 

Sure, they are still the prime candidate to get relegated, but as I also noted in my predictions, I think we're all underrating them a bit, so it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to stay up.

Schalke is going down. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Sure, they are still the prime candidate to get relegated, but as I also noted in my predictions, I think we're all underrating them a bit, so it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to stay up.

Schalke is going down. 

You also picked Augsburg for 17th so...yeah, I hope you're WAY off your predictions :)

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

You also picked Augsburg for 17th so...yeah, I hope you're WAY off your predictions :)

Augsburg are the biggest surprise for me so far, to be honest. I thought they would struggle along with Bielefeld, Schalke, Mainz, and Köln.

Just now, nudge said:

Augsburg are the biggest surprise for me so far, to be honest. I thought they would struggle along with Bielefeld, Schalke, Mainz, and Köln.

I'm sure most people would agree. 

Signs were there that Augsburg were going to be able to score, but I wasn't sure it would really translate to league play. Luckily it is and the defense is playing real well. 

The biggest surprise to me, is local boy Framberger, who has played so well and worked his ass off. He's been a rock in defense AND has been involved with moving the ball forward and had a great assist against Union. 

This is a fun team at Augsburg and they appear to be working so well as a unit...if we can get 3 points tomorrow I'll be so damn happy I might shotgun a beer. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I got a bad feeling today, not sure why, just don't think we'll be getting any points from this today. 

Not sure why, VW just played on Thursday (and lost), Augsburg\s playing style is high tempo, I would think they have a good chance.

1 minute ago, binder said:

Not sure why, VW just played on Thursday (and lost), Augsburg\s playing style is high tempo, I would think they have a good chance.

Same lineup as against Dortmund, which suits us if we are playing the counter game, but Wolfsburg is not Dortmund so that is worrisome a bit. Wish Vargas was able to start today, as he is our creative player, but as it stands, this is lineup that could very well mean we are playing the counter game and I think Wolfsburg's style of play will be more patient than Dortmund's was and they will be able to break us down better. 

0-0 at Halftime. 

Both teams with some great chances (one Wolfsburg goal disallowed due to offside). 

We were certainly better in the first 15-20 mintues, whereas Wolfsburg rather controlled the last 25 minutes of the 1st half. 

Framberger continues to shine. Made numerous tackles and broke up 3-4 plays from Wolfsburg. 

I'd love to see Vargas come on in place of Hahn as I think he adds so much more pace to creativity to the game. Hahn has been 'okay', so I think that'll need to be a move made sooner rather than later. 

So far the Gregoritsch and Niederlechner combo still seems off to me, I really hope Florian is able to score soon and get back on form. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived