talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ozan Kabak Banned for Spitting

football forum

Ozan Kabak under investigation for spit towards Ludwig Augustinsson

sport-club-freiburg-v-fc-schalke-04-bund

Schalke defender Ozan Kabak is currently under investigation by the DFB for his spit towards Werder Bremen left-back Ludwig Augustinsson, according to Kicker.

The 20-year-old defender took to Twitter following Schalke’s defeat against Werder Bremen on Saturday to apologise for his actions.

“I wish to sincerely apologise to Ludwig Augustinsson. It was not my intention, it was an accident. I did not aim at him, the TV angle gives a deceptive view of the incident. I never did that before and won’t do it in the future, as it’s unsporting. This was very unlikely,” said Kabak.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ascacibar got a 6 week ban for spitting at Havertz, expect something similar here too. Given that there's a global pandemic of a droplet-transmitted virus, I wouldn't be surprised if the punishment is even harsher.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Ascacibar got a 6 week ban for spitting at Havertz, expect something similar here too. Given that there's a global pandemic of a droplet-transmitted virus, I wouldn't be surprised if the punishment is even harsher.

If it is 6 weeks, He'll miss matches again:

RB
Union
Dortmund
Stuttgart
Mainz

Schalke could really be in trouble this year. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope this ends our reported interest in him. I saw a clip of it when it happened, and it looks deliberate as fuck tbh. Maybe it looks worse because it looks like he's just fouled the player too - but to my eyes it looks pretty deliberate.

He did foul Augustinsson there and it was also a foul out of frustration, so it does indeed make it look even worse. He's looking straight at him when he spits too, there's no way it was not deliberate.

https://streamable.com/2ldtwl

1 hour ago, nudge said:

He did foul Augustinsson there and it was also a foul out of frustration, so it does indeed make it look even worse. He's looking straight at him when he spits too, there's no way it was not deliberate.

https://streamable.com/2ldtwl

I remember we were watching it and you saw it straight away, whereas I hadn't seen it happen. Fucking go  go gadgets eyes you have there.

After seeing the replay, it's clearly deliberate and such a disgusting act. If you are a Schalke supporter, you have to just hate weekends now.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

DFB spoke their judgement, Kabak is banned for 4 matches, the ban begins when Kabak has served his one match ban for his yellow-red card, so he's banned for 5 matches actually.

322239.jpg200.gif

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

DFB spoke their judgement, Kabak is banned for 4 matches, the ban begins when Kabak has served his one match ban for his yellow-red card, so he's banned for 5 matches actually.

At least they didn't let it slide... I would have made it longer

• The title was changed to Ozan Kabak Banned for Spitting

Archived