talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mainz 05 sack Beierlorzer

Mainz sacked their manager Achim Beierlorzer in the aftermath of a 1-4 loss at home versus Stuttgart.

http://www.en24.news/2020/09/fsv-mainz-05-achim-beierlorzer-sacked-after-the-stuttgart-game.html

Clubs already feeling the pressure, I see. This firing isn't a shock after Mainz's performances during his tenure, though.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's save to say he lost the dressing room after the turmoil last week. For those not knowing the background: Beierlorzer excluded Szallai from the squad the first matchday, according to him for sporting reasons. His team mates though felt Szallai was punished for his unwillingness to accept reduced wages because of Covid. Last week they even went on strike and refused to take part in a trainig session. This together with the loss simply forced the board to take some measures, in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's save to say he lost the dressing room after the turmoil last week. For those not knowing the background: Beierlorzer excluded Szallai from the squad the first matchday, according to him for sporting reasons. His team mates though felt Szallai was punished for his unwillingness to accept reduced wages because of Covid. Last week they even went on strike and refused to take part in a trainig session. This together with the loss simply forced the board to take some measures, in my opinion.

But I'm guessing the issues were already there before Week 1? 

My only question is why now and not a month ago? I don't know Mainz situation as well as Schalke, but why Schalke attempted another year with DW is beyond me, and now they will likely suffer greatly for it. 

Fire a manager after 5 games, not 2....otherwise you should have fired him last year and given his replacement time to implement his system. 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

But I'm guessing the issues were already there before Week 1? 

My only question is why now and not a month ago? I don't know Mainz situation as well as Schalke, but why Schalke attempted another year with DW is beyond me, and now they will likely suffer greatly for it. 

Fire a manager after 5 games, not 2....otherwise you should have fired him last year and given his replacement time to implement his system. 

The issues existed allegedly since last season, guess the board expected their players would act as loyal employees. After all players are employees, very well paid and privileged ones, granted, still nothing more than that.

Archived