• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Fourth Round Matches - 29th Sept - 1st Oct, 2020

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Mourinho decides to let his team play football this 2nd half, they will score. We have been far too passive and contempt with this safe possession game. Zero urgency to get the ball up. 

Honestly so predictable. Which is now becoming increasingly worrying.  Lampard seems very contempt with this meaningless, safe possession game with zero urgency. Mourinho threw away the game for us and we still couldn't capitalise. 

Awful performances all around as well. The amount of misplaced passes were criminal. Mount shouldn't of been on the pitch let alone play the entire 90. 

Not looking good for Lampard so far. Not at all. 

• Subscriber

Hahahaha can’t believe we’ve gone through here. The first half lineup xD

Reguilon going to be so so good. Can just tell. Shame about the mistake for their goal

Lamela put in such a shift too 

winning a shootout is unheard of for us too 

I didn't watch after I saw the lineups...as I thought Chelsea looked to put out a pretty strong team, and Spurs put out a team full of people mostly I have never heard of outside of...yet Spurs won? 

Chelsea fans surely have to be very disappointed in that result. 

image.thumb.png.8d1359a0e11135ea545e0d677687844c.png

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Shouldn't get too carried away, this is a competition I think nearly all the teams in Europe would be glad to be out of in the early stages. However, given the disparity in quality of the starting lineups this is, at best, embarrassing for Lampard. 

I know this is a tournament with little appeal, but I agree, the difference in talent (and wages) in the starting lineup led me to assume Lamps Chelsea were going to run circles around Spurs. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I didn't watch after I saw the lineups...as I thought Chelsea looked to put out a pretty strong team, and Spurs put out a team full of people mostly I have never heard of outside of...yet Spurs won? 

Chelsea fans surely have to be very disappointed in that result. 

Meaningless, safe possession play with no urgency to bring the ball forward against a Spurs side where it looked quite clear Mourinho was throwing away the game. 

Still early days, but Lampard is slowly not becoming the manager I thought he was. Long are the days of playing fast, direct football we saw at the start of last season. 

Well I said I thought it would take between 5-10 games before we could start expecting results and this Cup in the grand scheme of things is certainly not in our top 3 targets but having said that I also said before the season kicked off that we have pretty much ignored the single biggest weakness the side had all last season and instead went heavy on attacking players... The defence is still the biggest weakness we have and one old age pensioner is not going to change those fortunes around... 

If this situation carries on beyond 10+ games though I can seriously see Lampard being moved on... I think he has got this idea that he wants to play good attacking football and that our forward play will somehow cancel out our weakness at the back.. We just needed to tweak the attacking players to compliment our existing possession football hence bringing in Werner so we had a more clinical striker and Harvertz so that we could be more creative in unlocking sides... I saw lots of possession in the first half but again just the one goal to show for it.

Lampard has so many options now I don't think even he knows how to get the best out of them currently and all the while that's being sorted we still keep slipping up at the back.. Maybe I am just fucked off with seeing us repeat the same old mistakes we did last season, I think this season could well be one of them play well, play shit, play well.. Early days yet I suppose but so far not impressed in the slightest

Chelsea are missing pizzazz going forward at the moment. It feels like they have the right ingredients to bake a cake but the taste comes out bland.

It didn't help that they bombed two great chances to kill it whilst at 1-0, both chances a simple pass to a better placed attacker would have sufficed. Mount and Hudson Odoi showed their immaturity there.

The build up play is very pass, pass, pass almost in the hope something happens. There isn't really any actual penetration or drive, not that I'm seeing anyway.

I feel like it's early to judge Chelsea or most sides really given the lack of a pre season. And its not like Lampard can currently field who he wants to field either.

But at the same time, they can't just go through the motions till they can start Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic with Werner up top all together.

You should be able to get a tune out of that line up they had tonight.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Reguilon going to be so so good. Can just tell. Shame about the mistake for their goal

He did make up for the mistake too, by assisting Lamela. He looks good going forward, was a threat all match down the left. I'd be feeling pretty good about that second half too, pretty decent performance considering it looked like Spurs maybe were hoping to exit the tournament tonight.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Well I said I thought it would take between 5-10 games before we could start expecting results and this Cup in the grand scheme of things is certainly not in our top 3 targets but having said that I also said before the season kicked off that we have pretty much ignored the single biggest weakness the side had all last season and instead went heavy on attacking players... The defence is still the biggest weakness we have and one old age pensioner is not going to change those fortunes around... 

If this situation carries on beyond 10+ games though I can seriously see Lampard being moved on... I think he has got this idea that he wants to play good attacking football and that our forward play will somehow cancel out our weakness at the back.. We just needed to tweak the attacking players to compliment our existing possession football hence bringing in Werner so we had a more clinical striker and Harvertz so that we could be more creative in unlocking sides... I saw lots of possession in the first half but again just the one goal to show for it.

Lampard has so many options now I don't think even he knows how to get the best out of them currently and all the while that's being sorted we still keep slipping up at the back.. Maybe I am just fucked off with seeing us repeat the same old mistakes we did last season, I think this season could well be one of them play well, play shit, play well.. Early days yet I suppose but so far not impressed in the slightest

I think this would sum up how I'd feel if I were a Chelsea fan.

14 minutes ago, Storts said:

Also Werner has absolutely no bottle not taking a pen @Devil-Dick Willie

Or he was suffering from cramps after being ran to the ground. Which was confirmed by Lampard. 

@Bluewolf Other than individual errors from the obvious liabilities, I feel our back line has defended better collectively. Midfield is the issue 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Or he was suffering from cramps after being ran to the ground. Which was confirmed by Lampard. 

@Bluewolf Other than individual errors from the obvious liabilities, I feel our back line has defended better collectively. Midfield is the issue 

Don’t care. You’re the big money forward signing...Take a penalty. Would be very worried about that mentality going forward to say no in that situation 

8 hours ago, Storts said:

Don’t care. You’re the big money forward signing...Take a penalty. Would be very worried about that mentality going forward to say no in that situation 

Lampard chooses the kickers? He scored a goal and he even took a penalty last season in the CL against you lot. Not sure how lack of bottle comes into play here. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lampard chooses the kickers? He scored a goal and he even took a penalty last season in the CL against you lot. Not sure how lack of bottle comes into play here. 

Ha from whoever volunteers. Exactly he’s a penalty taker, not stepping up in that situation is very questionable. Weak mentality 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived