talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Fourth Round Matches - 29th Sept - 1st Oct, 2020

football forum

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Calvert-Lewin 7 goals in 5 games. Poacher.

Ancelotti's turning him into Inzaghi... but with more to his overall game.

2-3 years ago... I'd never have imagined his form from last season or now. Gotta hold my hands up on that one and say, looks like I was wrong. I think Everton have a class striker that's developing nicely with his peak years ahead of him. I think an England callup is on the cards soon.

Gotta be nice for my blueshite friends who were so full of doom and gloom a few weeks ago tbh.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Surprised to see Harry Wilson get a look in.

Him and Grujic are rumoured to be off shortly, so it's a bit weird to see them involved - might have thought we'd want to not play them to avoid the risk of injury.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Surprised to see Harry Wilson get a look in.

Him and Grujic are rumoured to be off shortly, so it's a bit weird to see them involved - might have thought we'd want to not play them to avoid the risk of injury.

Yeah I thought that too

Tonight has reiterated two things, 1st: Said Benrahma is better than most of the wingers in the Prem. Give us £20m or fuck off.

2nd, we robbed ourselves and the league of premier league quality this season cos Fulham are shite

28 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tonight has reiterated two things, 1st: Said Benrahma is better than most of the wingers in the Prem. Give us £20m or fuck off.

2nd, we robbed ourselves and the league of premier league quality this season cos Fulham are shite

You lot losing to them useless bastards really is annoying. 

What can you say about this game, not a lot haha. 

• Subscriber

Well cant really complain if you dont put your chances away early then you're bound to get to a tricky situation like penalties. Did I hear it right that Wilson didn't want to take a penalty?

As far as League Cup games go, that's really frustrating. Obviously you want to win and progress, both because it's a trophy and because it's more games for the academy graduates and other fringe players who'll struggle to get games in the main competitions. You want Salah to score if he's playing an hour, because it's generally not good news if he goes too long without scoring. The "shop window" lads, Wilson and Grujic were the worst players on the pitch. Worst of all Harvey Elliott didn't even get a game.

Not many positives, but Jota looked good, Rhys Williams looked alright, and Adrian had a decent game which I think he probably needed.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

As far as League Cup games go, that's really frustrating. Obviously you want to win and progress, both because it's a trophy and because it's more games for the academy graduates and other fringe players who'll struggle to get games in the main competitions. You want Salah to score if he's playing an hour, because it's generally not good news if he goes too long without scoring. The "shop window" lads, Wilson and Grujic were the worst players on the pitch. Worst of all Harvey Elliott didn't even get a game.

On the bright side, Jota looked good, Rhys Williams looked alright, and Adrian had a decent game which I think he probably needed.

Thought Grujic was alright. At least he was getting stuck in and having a go. He's not getting near our first team or bench but he was far from the worst player on the pitch. Wilson on the other hand, just walking about the pitch not interested.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived